This should definitely be of interest if you’re looking for a way to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for cheap.
With some clever sequencing and a somewhat considerable investment, you can secure yourself up to three years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for a lot less than the actual price. All you need to do is stock up on and convert your existing Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass subscriptions.
This little trick works because any time you currently have prepaid for Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass will be automatically put towards a Game Pass Ultimate subscription when you sign up for the new service from Microsoft. When you consider that an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sub will usually set you back £11/$15 a month there’s some serious money to be saved.
Let’s break it down into a step-by-step guide so you can make the most of this offer while it’s available:
- To begin with, you’ll want to log in to your Microsoft account and noted how much Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass subscription time you still have remaining.
- Next, purchase extra Xbox Live Gold subscription time to get as close to the 36-month limit as you can (or however much you’re happy to spend). To hit that limit for today you’re looking to be covered up to 11th June 2022. One important point to remember is that you can’t use codes that would take you past that date.
- If you’re looking for the best Xbox Live Gold price right now, you can currently get 12 months of Xbox Live Gold for £49.99 at Amazon UK or $57.00 at Amazon US. Should you be happy using them, CD Keys has a 12-month sub for £39.99 in Europe or $53.69 in the US.
- After loading up your Microsoft account with all the time you desire, take advantage of the 1-month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £1/$1 offer.
- Once that’s sorted, all of your existing Xbox Live Gold time will be converted into Game Pass Ultimate!
Of course, if you decide to take full advantage and grab the full three years available you will be handing over a lot of cash, but saving around £250/$360 compared to paying the full three-year price for Game Pass Ultimate. It does also mean, however, that you’re covered for those three years ahead – something you may consider worthwhile if you expect to be sticking around on your Xbox One for a long time to come.
It’s a pretty sweet deal when you consider you’ll be getting the likes of Gears of War 5 and other Xbox exclusives on the day of release included too. We just wrote about how Game Pass Ultimate is the best subscription service going – and this is cheas.
However far you take it, be sure you sign up for Game Pass Ultimate before the £1/$1 introductory offer expires after E3.
One thing worth mentioning too is that any Xbox Live Gold subscriptions you want to add to your account after joining Game Pass Ultimate will be converted at a lesser ratio. They are as follows:
- 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
- 3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
- 12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)
Game Pass Ultimate became available to all on Sunday ahead of the Microsoft press conference and Alex is already a fan. The service includes Xbox Live Gold and gives you access to a rolling library of over 100 games – such as forthcoming Xbox exclusives such as Gears of War 5 – for you to play on your Xbox One or PC.