Play.com goes low on Last Remnant, “shocking” deals planned for next week

Saturday, 29th November 2008 08:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

lastremnant51.jpg

Play.com’s selling Square RPG The Last Remnant for £17.99, as you can see here. It’s been out for a week. Despite the fact it didn’t attract the most amazing scores in the world, if you’re in the market for a hardcore 360 JRPG it’d be nonsense not to try it at that price.

Xbox 360 owners may also want to check out Ace Combat 6: Fires Of Liberation for £9.99 on Play – thanks PT.

That’s not all: we’re told that Play is to launch some “shocking” discounting on Monday, with some very high profile games dropping to £18. Keep watching.

1. morriss

Just bought it. It’d be nuts not to. I can get more for it at trade-in than it cost to buy.

Thanks, VG247. You’re the greatest!

2. Psychotext

SHOCKING discounting. We shall see. :)

3. DrDamn

Nice, will pick this one up. What else to come down to £18? I reckon LBP or Banjo.

4. morriss

What do you mean, Psycho? Do you think they’ll retract the offer?

5. Psychotext

Lets just say that retailers often have some strange definition of high profile titles. I’d be amazed if they’re selling anything particularly desirable for £18.

I’d like to be wrong though, I like saving money. :)

6. morriss

But Last Remnant for £18 is attractive, is it not?

7. Gamoc

Not for me, I don’t have a 360 (yet). I’m working on it…via competitions. Unless you wanna donate one to the LGA*.

I swear, if CoD5 on PS3 goes to £18, I just might have to murder somebody as I don’t have any money to spend on myself right now.

*Lonely Gamoc Association

8. Bringit

I read in MCV that Play were going to do a mega/manic monday thing. Apparently they expect game sales to jump 150% on that day. Must be good.

9. airdom

why dont they do these kinda of deals in canada for fucks sake, ebgames/gamestop are fucking ripoffs

10. Psychotext

As far as I can see… the best stuff in the Play sale is:

Midnight Club LA: £17.99
    Last Remnant: £17.99 (We obviously already had this)
    Saints Row 2: £17.99
    Red Alert 3: £14.99

Nothing there I actually want, but they’re nice savings if you were on the fence about the games.

11. morriss

Saints Row 2 isn’t a bad offer either. PS3 too or just 360?

12. Psychotext

They’re right next to each other on the page… your eyes must be defective Mr Morriss.

13. morriss

I didn’t look. I asked you to look and tell me! :P

14. No_PUDding

VG247 advertise bargains to me, I am fine with that, I am glad in my absence that sickening Ubisoft flash toolbar ads have gone, thats all.

15. Johnny Cullen

If thats the case, how come Istill get ads for EndWar, Shaun White and Prince of Persia =(

16. Gamoc

Hold, they weren’t all the best offers on Play.com.

Midnight Club LA £17.99
    Far Cry 2 £17.99
    The Force Unleashed £17.99
    Bioshock PS3 £17.99
    GTA IV £17.99

Damn my chronic lack of money, I’d probably get every one of those is I could afford it. I can’t even get one.

17. Psychotext

They weren’t all the offers obviously. I mean I wouldn’t include GTA cos it’s been cheap for ages and TFU sucks. :)

18. that_happy_cat

LOL… just mailed 247 with this breaking news… and here you are all chatting about it. That’s why I’m not a games journalist (apart from the low pay… that too)