Destiny 2 is a mystery no more thank to our continuously updating guide. Now streamlined for faster access to the info you want.
Our Destiny 2 guide is divided into segments so you can get to what you want, fast. Let’s start off with a quick contents list and then jump right in.
First, here are some general tips and explanations for Destiny 2. Next, check in with a series of equipment guides on weapons, armour and builds in Destiny 2.
Towards the bottom of the page you’ll find our detailed class and subclass information, and right at the end, a bunch of guides on specific missions, Activities, secrets and other miscellaneous Destiny 2 topics.
Phew! Hopefully we have what you’re looking for in our Destiny 2 guide. If not, just let us know.
- How to level up, get more Power and kick butt in Destiny 2 – fast
We’ve recently overhauled this page to try and clarify the near incomprehensible cycle of Luminous engrams, which you don’t actually need to understand, but will make your journey to Destiny 2’s Power cap much more rapid if you do get it. We also outline the basics for beginners and discuss Exotic farming, Legendary mods, and other endgame esoterica – all while providing a handy three step guide, with segments outlining each stage of the levelling system.
- Destiny 2 Activities: how you unlock and complete Flashpoints, Lost Sectors, Milestones, Challenges and more
This page lists and describes all the different Activities in Destiny 2, which offers a great deal more than a story campaign and PvP modes. Here you’ll find out what all those words like Flashpoint, Challenge and Milestone mean, and why you should bother trying your hand at them. You’ll also discover how and where to unlock each of these Activities, and how to complete them once you can dive on in.
- Xur location, currency changes in Destiny 2, Legendary shards and more
Who is Xur? What is Xur? Where is Xur? When is Xur there? What Exotics will Xur sell? How do I buy Exotics from Xur? Why is everyone so excited for Xur? Most of these questions will be answered in this handy guide to everyone’s favourite tentacle-faced weekend vendor, the mysterious Xur.
- Destiny 2 PC system requirements, controls and app compatibility
This quick reference rounds up the most pertinent information specific to the PC version of Destiny 2 – what you’ll need to run it, what it won’t play nice with, and which button makes your guardian do a little dance. More detailed information on these topics is available in pages linked from this page, too.
- Destiny 2 error codes and issues, and how to deal with them
Alas, the course of true love never did run smoothly. We’re keeping track of Destiny 2 error codes, and will let you know when Bungie fixes them, or what workarounds and solutions are available in the meantime.
Destiny 2 equipment: Exotics, weapons, armour and build guides
The guides in this section are all about equipment, providing both a basic explanation of Destiny 2’s somewhat esoteric weapon system as well as pointing you towards Exotic gear and providing resources for putting together ideal builds.
This hub page collects all the information you’ll need to find every Exotic weapon and armour piece in Destiny 2, for all classes. Covers the following topics:
- All 19 Exotic weapons in Destiny 2 (so far)
- The best Exotic weapons in Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 World Quests and Exotic Weapon Quests
- Destiny 2 Exotic armour: Hunters
- Destiny 2 Exotic armour: Warlocks
- Destiny 2 Exotic armour: Titans
This hub page has everything you need to know to choose, and then obtain, the armour you’re after. As well as the Exotic armour pages mentioned above, it covers the following topics:
- Best armour stats in Destiny 2: Mobility, Resilience and Recovery explained
- The best mods in Destiny 2
- How to get Restorative, Heavy and Mobile Warlock armour in Destiny 2
- How to get Restorative, Heavy and Mobile Titan armour in Destiny 2
- How to get Survivalist, Heavy and Mobile Hunter armour in Destiny 2
Destiny 2: best Legendary and Exotic weapons [coming soon]
This forthcoming hub page will collect up our growing catalogue of Best Of pages, as well as detail weapon infusion – an important part of levelling up and ensuring you have the best tools for the job at hand. Until the page is ready, you can browse the existing featured topics below:
- Destiny 2 weapons: Infusion, rarity, kinetic, energy and power explained
- The best PvE Legendary weapons in Destiny 2
- The best hand cannons in Destiny 2
- The best scout rifles in Destiny 2
- The best sidearms in Destiny 2
- The best sniper rifles in Destiny 2
- The best swords in Destiny 2
- More coming soon.
Leviathan is Destiny 2’s first raid, and for PvE or co-op players, it’s the ultimate challenge. Set aboard the world-eating flagship of the Cabal Emperor Calus, it challenges teams of six to overcome a series of trials to earn the right to face down Calus himself. As well as an explanation of just how to beat each section in both text and video form, we’ve got a list of all the secret chest locations so you can farm Exotic engrams.
- How to beat the Leviathan Raid
- Advanced strategies for Destiny 2’s Leviathan Raid
- All 9 Leviathan Raid secret Exotic chest locations
- How to get keys for the secret chests in Destiny 2’s Leviathan Raid – and open them solo
Destiny 2 events
Destiny 2 has a busy calendar of weekly, monthly and intermittent events. On the pages below you’ll find information on what each event is, how to make the most of it, what the latest loot on offer is, and more. Events are one of the best opportunities to fill out your colelctions in Destiny 2, so get crecking and make the most of them when they crop up.
- Destiny 2 Iron Banner: loot, start and end times, all details
Iron Banner is a monthly PvP event in which players can earn exclusive armour and weapons. This page is updated with each new event to ensure it has the latest start and end times, Season information, and loot details. The latest Iron Banner was held in October 2017.
- How to go flawless, enter the Spire and score loot in Destiny 2’s Trials of the Nine
Trials of the Nine is a weekly PvP event which also boasts exclusive loot. It’s an extremely tough challenge, but even modest success will grant you an audience with the Emissaries. Get all the details here.
- Destiny 2 Faction Rally: this month’s loot, start and end times, all details
Faction Rally is a recurring event played across PvE and PvP, in which players battle it out for one of three factions. We update this page with fresh details each time the event takes places. The latest Faction Rally was held in November 2017.
- How to get Loot-a-palooza Keys and start a Dance Party at each of the Factions in Destiny 2
With the arrival of Faction Rally, Destiny 2 players can finally start a Dance Party. Mysterious in-game prompts explained by the arrival of a new key, a mini-game, and a chance to make a bunch of rando bystanders very happy indeed. This page has everything you need to know to blow some blueberry minds.
- See the loot coming with The Dawning, Destiny 2’s holiday event
Destiny 2 Season 2 will kick off with The Dawning, a winter holiday end of year event returning from D1. See the pretty armour, terrific new emote, lovely ships and sparkling Ghost Shells here.
- Destiny 2 Seasons: what we know so far
Bungie still hasn’t fully detailed Seasons, but here’s what we know about these quarterly updates and resets so far. We’re expecting Season 2 in early December, delivering The Dawning, a big rebalance, new Bright Engrams and more.
Destiny 2 classes and subclasses
All three original classes return in Destiny 2 – Hunter, Warlock and Titan – and each will have three subclass options you can unlock and switch between at will. The three classes and their skill trees have been overhauled, and each now boasts a unique class skill shared across all subclasses. The resources below should help you to choose and make the most of your class in Destiny 2.
- What class should you roll in Destiny 2?
- How to unlock your second and third subclass in Destiny 2
- Tips for using Supers effectively in Destiny 2
- Combine class abilities to do the most damage in Destiny 2
There are nine subclasses in Destiny 2 – three for each class. This total includes three brand new subclasses added with Destiny 2, while the remaining six subclasses return from vanilla Destiny and expansion The Taken King.
We’ve put together detailed guides on every subclass in Destiny 2. These guides list every skill and passive ability, giving you full details so you can plan your build and co-ordinate with your buddies for co-op. Where possible, these pages includes gameplay footage of the subclass in action, so you can see how your chosen Guardian will play in Destiny 2.
- All Hunter Gunslinger subclass skills and abilities
- All Hunter Arcstrider subclass skills and abilities
- All Hunter Nightstalker subclass guide
- All Titan Striker subclass skills and abilities
- All Titan Sentinel subclass skills and abilities
- All Titan Sunbreaker subclass skills and abilities
- All Warlock Dawnblade subclass skills and abilities
- All Warlock Voidwalker subclass skills and abilities
- All Warlock Stormcaller subclass skills and abilities
Walkthroughs, secrets and specific topics
This section is where we’ll gather walkthroughs and guides that don’t fit elsewhere – things players have asked for, things we found tricky and wanted some help with, things we wish everyone knew but clearly don’t.
- How to complete Public Events in Destiny 2, trigger Heroic objectives, and get the best loot
Public Events are an important part of progression in Destiny 2. We explain how to complete the events in both the normal and Heroic method.
- How to get your Kill-Tracker Ghost, Coldheart Exotic trace rifle, and other pre-order and bonus goodies in Destiny 2
You are far from the only Guardian running around Destiny 2 asking where the hell the stuff you paid for is. Bungie hasn’t made it obvious, but we know how to smash through and claim what’s rightfully yours … eventually.
- Bright Engrams: here’s how much Silver costs in Destiny 2, and what you can buy with it
Eververse, the microtransaction store, is back in Destiny 2. Its primary function is to sell and decrypt Bright Engrams, and this page outlines what those are, what’s in them, how to get them for free and what it’ll cost you to purchase them.
- This Destiny 2 Easter egg gives you super high jumps around the Farm
The first cute little secret to be unearthed by Destiny 2 players involves completing a strange ritual on the Farm in order to make yourself look super rad in front of all the newbs running around who don’t check the Internet often enough to know how to do it.
- How to activate the Floor is Lava challenge in Destiny 2’s Tower
Remember playing The Floor is Lava as a kid? The folks at Bungie sure do. This is another neat little Easter egg to give yourself a cool boost of speed and height in the Tower. It’s not a super difficult challenge, but you would never know it’s there without being told where to look, and it’s worth doing if you want to dominate on the soccer pitch.
- How to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2
Sparrows are Destiny 2’s mount analogue – a personal vehicle for getting around the landscape before you die of starvation, and you’ll want one much sooner than Bungie intends to hand one over. Sadly, you’ll have to wait, like a muggins. Boo!
That’s all for now, but we’ll be updating our Destiny 2 guide on the regs as new intel comes in or we receive your questions. Is there anything we’re missing? Anything you’d like to see sooner rather than later? Just let us know.