Getting your hands on the best Exotic weapons and armour in Destiny 2, and figuring out which loadouts are best suited to you, can be difficult.
Now that we've had a few weeks to wrap up Destiny 2's campaign and start increasing our Power, we're focused on what really matters: tracking down all the rare Exotic loot before Bungie discovers and nerfs whatever tremendous synergies we can build from it.
Helmets, gauntlets, leg and chest armour and even class items are available for those who go on the trail of Destiny 2's Exotics, as are some of the game's very best weapons. Those shiny gold engrams will be your pals. Don't forget that you can infuse them if you really like them; you don't have to abandon a favourite Exotic just because your Power has gone up. Pop it in your vault and come back to it later.
This page is part of our complete Destiny 2 guide, and is subject to change and updates as we explore the release build alongside all of you eager Guardians. Head to the full guide for advice on how to best make use of all this gear once you've got it - the guides there will help you reach a point where you can start hunting down the game's best loot, which is, many would argue, what Destiny 2 is all about.
- All 25 Exotic weapons in Destiny 2
- The five best Exotic weapons in the game
- How to unlock the Coldheart Exotic trace rifle (preorder bonus)
- How to unlock the MIDA Multi-Tool Exotic scout rifle
- How to unlock the Rat King Exotic sidearm
- How to unlock the Sturm Exotic Hand Cannon and strengthen it with the Drang Legendary Sidearm
- How to unlock the Legend of Acrius Exotic arc shotgun
Follow our advice here and soon your Guardian will be kitted out in the best equipment the game has to offer.