It’s not a brand known for big discounts, but you could make a saving on consoles, games and more with the Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals for 2020.
Sales like Black Friday are always the opportunity to get Switch consoles and games for a price that’s a lot more respectable. So, whether you’re looking for a brand new platform for gaming, a chance to try out a Nintendo classic like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, or for a hot new addition like Ring Fit or Animal Crossing New Horizons, Black Friday is your best chance to get them for a reasonable price.
Below we’ll give you an expert’s opinion on what deals to find and consider this Black Friday week, and we’ll update this page as we as more discounts drop over the coming days. Basically, if you want to know the very best price on a Nintendo Switch and all associated products, this is the place to be.
- The latest Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals
- The Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals to expect this year
- When is Black Friday 2020?
- How to get the best prices over Black Friday
The latest Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals
A bunch of retailers and stores have officially revealed their specific Nintendo Switch Black Friday sales and bargains for this week and Black Friday itself, so there are a few good offers out in the wild right now.
- Nintendo Switch (Neon Red/Blue) + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – buy from Best Buy for $299
- Nintendo Switch Lite – buy from Amazon for $199
- SanDisk 128GB MicroSD Card – buy from Amazon for $19.99
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – buy from GameStop for $39.99
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – buy from Best Buy for $39.99
- Super Mario Maker 2 – buy from Best Buy for $39.99
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – buy from Best Buy for $34.99
- Splatoon 2 – buy from Best Buy for $34.99
- Just Dance 2021 – buy from Amazon for $29.99
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – buy from GameStop for $29.99
- Yoshi’s Crafted World – buy from GameStop for $29.99
- Mario Tennis Aces – buy from Amazon for $29.99
- Nintendo Switch (Neon Red/Blue) + Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle or Just Dance 2021 – buy from Smyths Toys for £294.99
- Nintendo Switch Bundles with additional £20 Credit – buy from GAME for £319
- Nintendo Switch Lite + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – buy from Amazon for £229.98
- Nintendo Switch Lite + Animal Crossing New Horizons + Minecraft – buy from Currys for £239
- The Witcher 3 Complete Edition – buy from Amazon for £36.99
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – Buy from Amazon for £39.99
- Just Dance 2020 – buy from Amazon for £23.99
- Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection – buy from Amazon for £22.49
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 – buy from Base for £19.85
More Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals to expect this year
Will Nintendo discounts be in abundance in 2020 – will they be as cheap as the were in 2019? It’s impossible to be completely certain at this point, but if they are cheaper, it won’t be by much. Unlike the Xbox One and PS4, which are about to superseded by newer consoles and lose a lot of their lustre, there’s no immediate Nintendo Switch replacement on the horizon.
This is combined with the fact that Nintendo is the brand that’s comfortable being a little pricier, there’s continued high demand for the Switch and there are still a lot of very popular, exclusive games for it. If there are further discounts, they likely won’t be that much larger than before, almost certainly no more than $20.
It’s also likely that certain new items will have discounts, based on their extreme popularity. An Animal Crossing Switch and bundle is almost a guarantee, as well as the Ring Fit exercise game. Both have sold incredibly well over the last few months. These discounts likely won’t be huge, not when demand is so high, but they’re very likely to happen and will probably be the best price to get them for a long time coming.
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year Black Friday falls on November 27, with Cyber Monday following that on November 30. The reality is that there’s no gap between them – just a big weekend of shopping with hundreds of thousands of discounts across all online retailers.
In fact, many businesses have engaged in a chronological arms race, trying to bring out deals well in advance of Black Friday to capitalize on the hype and be the first choice to buy from.
Don’t worry, though: whether it’s on the day or a week in advance, we’ll be updating this page and all our related pages accordingly to tell you exactly where all the best deals are. Bookmark this page and keep checking in!
How to get the best prices over Black Friday
If you’re looking to get the best possible deals and discounts during the Black Friday sales, there are some very simple steps you can take to ensure you have the highest odds possible. We’ve laid them out below:
- Have some idea in advance about what you want to buy. There are so many sales during Black Friday that you’ll need to narrow down your focus or risk getting swamped by information.
- Once you have your priorities picked out, set your expectations and budget accordingly. Check how cheap those items have been in past deals so you know what to expect.
- Find and bookmark this page, or one of the similar ones we’ve set up either here or at our sister site Jelly Deals!
- As we approach the week, check back regularly to those bookmarked pages! We’ve got a dedicated team updating them in real-time as news flows in, so you’ll have all the best info laid out before you, including the best bundles, discounts and options.
There are a lot more deals going on in Black Friday this year, of course. Why not head to the Jelly Deals Twitter page for up-to-date information on all the best deals across the internet!