It’s never been the cheapest brand to buy into, but you could make a saving on consoles, games and more with the Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals for 2020.
Sales like Black Friday are always the opportunity to get Switch consoles and games for a price that’s a lot more respectable. So, whether you’re looking for a brand new platform for gaming, a chance to try out a Nintendo classic like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, or for a hot new addition like Ring Fit or Animal Crossing New Horizons, Black Friday is your best chance to get them for a reasonable price.
Below we’ll give you an expert’s opinion on what to expect when Black Friday rolls around, and we’ll update this page as we hear more about what’s coming, even across the event itself. Basically, if you want to know the very best price on a Nintendo Switch and all associated products, this is the place to be.
- The latest Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals
- Last year’s best Nintendo Switch Black Friday offers
- The Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals to expect this year
- When is Black Friday 2020?
- How to get the best prices over Black Friday
The latest Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals
Though most retailers and stores have yet to officially announce what specific Nintendo Switch Black Friday sales and bargains they’ll be offering over that very special day, there are a few good offers out in the wild right now.
Some below could easily tempt an early purchase, though do keep in mind we could see any of these beaten throughout November.
- Nintendo Switch (Neon Red / Blue) for $299.99
- Nintendo Switch Lite for $199
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Pair for $69
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $59
- Animal Crossing New Horizons for $49.94
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $49.94
- Super Mario Odyssey for $44.99
- Nintendo Switch + Animal Crossing New Horizons for £299
- Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for £309
- Nintendo Switch + Super Mario 3D All-Stars for £309
- Nintendo Switch Fortnite Edition for £279.99
- Ring Fit Adventure for £64.99
Last year’s best Nintendo Switch Black Friday offers
The most affordable standard Switch models last year were going for about $299/£275, often bundled with an extra game or product to make it that much more appealing.
Admittedly, these lower prices are usually associated with slightly less in-demand or older games (Mario + Rabbids is probably nobody’s first pick), but they can still be a lot of fun and add that little extra spice to a good purchase. For what it’s worth, these were the big discounts last year, so they’re almost certainly worth keeping an eye on as there’s a decent chance they’ll be discounted again this time.
Of course, the other option when looking for a cheap console is to get the Switch Lite. This version can only be used in handheld mode, but is considerably less expensive to buy. It’s a solid option for those who know they’ll get the most out of their Switch as a portable console, not an addition to their TV.
The Switch Lite generally costs about $100 less than the standard model and tends to drop by a similar amount to the standard Switch when Black Friday or Prime Day roll around. Last year, there weren’t many Switch Lite sales on the US side, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen this year.
Lastly, Nintendo Switch games are always in high demand, as they’re often exclusive to the console, with Nintendo hoarding beloved franchises like Pokemon, Mario and Zelda. The amount you can expect to see them drop depends on their popularity, whether they’re AAA or indie titles, or if they’re available on other consoles.
Nintendo games are rarely inexpensive, with the big ones very rarely under $30/£30 if they’re being sold new. You can still get a big discount that makes it worth the purchase, especially with that famous Nintendo polish on much of the first-party IP. Last year, we saw games such as Link’s Awakening, Super Mario Odyssey and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt reduced in price, so keep an eye on them again this year – they’re likely to be back down again.
The Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals to expect this year
Will discounts be at the same level in 2020, or will they be cheaper than before? It’s impossible to be completely certain, but if they are cheaper, it won’t be by much. Unlike the Xbox One and PS4, which are about to superseded by newer models and lose a lot of their lustre, there’s no immediate Nintendo Switch replacement on the horizon.
This is combined with the fact that Nintendo is the brand that’s comfortable being a little pricier, there’s continued high demand for the Switch and there are still a lot of very popular, exclusive games for it. If there are further discounts, they likely won’t be that much larger than before, almost certainly no more than $20.
It’s also likely that certain new items will have discounts, based on their extreme popularity. An Animal Crossing Switch and bundle is almost a guarantee, as well as the Ring Fit exercise game. Both have sold incredibly well over the last few months. These discounts likely won’t be huge, not when demand is so high, but they’re very likely to happen and will probably be the best price to get them for a long time coming.
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year Black Friday falls on November 27th, with Cyber Monday following that on November 30th. The reality is that there’s no gap between them – just a big weekend of shopping with hundreds of thousands of discounts across all online retailers.
In fact, many businesses have engaged in a chronological arms race, trying to bring out deals well in advance of Black Friday to capitalize on the hype and be the first choice to buy from.
Don’t worry, though: whether it’s on the day or a week in advance, we’ll be updating this page and all our related pages accordingly to tell you exactly where all the best deals are. Bookmark this page and keep checking in!
How to get the best prices over Black Friday
If you’re looking to get the best possible deals and discounts during the Black Friday sales, there are some very simple steps you can take to ensure you have the highest odds possible. We’ve laid them out below:
- Have some idea in advance about what you want to buy. There are so many sales during Black Friday that you’ll need to narrow down your focus or risk getting swamped by information.
- Once you have your priorities picked out, set your expectations and budget accordingly. Check how cheap those items have been in past deals so you know what to expect.
- Find and bookmark this page, or one of the similar ones we’ve set up either here or at our sister site Jelly Deals!
- As we approach the week, check back regularly to those bookmarked pages! We’ve got a dedicated team updating them in real-time as news flows in, so you’ll have all the best info laid out before you, including the best bundles, discounts and options.
There are a lot more deals going on in Black Friday this year, of course. Why not head to the Jelly Deals Twitter page for up-to-date information on all the best deals across the internet!