Looks like explosive eliminations just got a whole lot easier with the release of the latest Fortnite v5.10 patch notes. The headline features for Battle Royale are the return of the infamous Guided Missile, as well as a hectic new Fly Explosives LTM. Save the World players will also get a new Spyglass Sniper Rifle.
Fortnite Guided Missile returns:
One of Fortnite’s most controversial weapons, the Guided Missile, is back in Battle Royale. Things won’t be quite so crazy this time though, Epic Games have significantly reduced the power level of the Guided Missile – reducing its damage from 105/110 to 74/77 and its fuse duration by three full seconds.
Hopefully this means that the Guided Missile will work more like it was supposed to, rather than the insane drone strike it became.
Fly Explosives LTM:
Next up is a fun-looking new LTM called Fly Explosives which revolves around jetpacks and explosive weapons.
The jetpacks in this mode have been buffed to give you a bit more flight time, so if you’re looking to rack up some eliminations in a fast-pacing game mode then Fly Explosives is the one for you.
Save the World Spyglass Sniper Rifle:
And last but not least, there’s a new weapon coming to Save the World too – the Spyglass Sniper Rifle.
The Spyglass Sniper is a single-shot, high-powered rifle with a lot of recoil. It’s part of the Flintrock set, and will be available from 8PM Eastern on August 1 to the same time on August 8.
The full Fortnite v5.10 Patch Notes are as follows:
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLY EXPLOSIVES
- This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
The following weapons and items have been added to the Playground LTM only.
- Guided Missile
- Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.
SAVE THE WORLD
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store
- An accurate, high-powered, scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that kicks like a mule.
- Available Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET until Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 PM ET.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads