Following the release of Fortnite's patch v5.10, Epic has gone back and changed a few SMG values to balance them out against other weapons.
In a new Fortnite hotfix released a few ours ago, Epic did a big balance pass on SMGs. The most obvious change came to the fresh P90 Compact SMG, which was only just added to the game in patch v5.10.
The P90s damage was reduced from 23/24 to 21/22, but this change is not alone. SMG and Compact SMG have both had their accuracy bonus drop to 15% from 35%. Their ranges (damage dropoff) were cut as well, from 2400/3500 to 2000/3000.
These new damage falloff values also apply to structure damage, so it now takes SMGs a lot longer to destroy player structures at a distance.
This is a pretty quick turnaround, since SMGs only recently got a buff with patch v5.0 last week.
Check out the full list below, courtesy of Epic on Reddit. All of the changes are live now.
- SMG and Compact SMG accuracy bonus reduced from 35% to 15%.
- SMG damage reduced from 19/20/21 to 17/18/19.
- Compact SMG damage reduced from 23/24 to 21/22.
- SMG fire rate reduced from 13 to 12.
- Compact SMG fire rate reduced from 11 to 10.
- SMG, Compact SMG, and Silenced SMG damage falloff.
- Range reduced from 2400/3500/5000 to 2000/3000/4000.
- Percentage reduced from 100/80/65% to 100/70/40%.
- Rare SMG and Compact SMGs drop rates slightly reduced.
In other Fortnite news, Epic finally fixed the infamous ghost peeking exploit with the most recent patch.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads