After your power trip with the Hound Wolf Squad, Resident Evil Village comes to a dramatic climax against a foe much stronger than yourself: Mother Miranda.
When you first regain control of Ethan, simply walk forward and watch the cutscenes play out.
Then when you fully regain control again, you'll have an opportunity to prepare for the fight ahead with an old friend, The Duke.
First take the supplies from the box on your left, then buy anything and everything you need from The Duke. You should have plenty of Lei, especially with the extra items you collected as Chris.
When you’re done, proceed to the ceremony site through the only path forward - defeating the ghouls as they’re spit out.
Resident Evil Village Mother Miranda Boss Fight
To confront Mother Miranda and save Rose, squeeze through the roots at the end of the path.
Mother Miranda cycles through different attack patterns that are taken from the previous bosses throughout the game, with a few of her own surprises thrown in.
Miranda's control over the mold allows her to copy and mimic others, and she makes full use of those abilities here.
First, turn and sprint away from Miranda’s sweeping attacks - which are reminiscent of how Lady Dimitrescu in the castle chased you - then face and shoot her when she stops after few swipes.
During this pattern, she can conjure a mouldy wave, which you have to run to the side to dodge.
Next, when she conjures mouldy walls in the middle of the arena, run behind them to take shelter from the oncoming fire attack. Just like when Moreau spat acid in the air.
Then when she grows legs, again turn and sprint away from her lunging attacks and focus shotgun fire on her body still. But when she jumps high in the air, run underneath the arc of her slam to dodge like you did with Urias.
Following this, she’ll fly around in the air, where once again, you’ll have to shoot her. When she conjures mouldy orbs, shoot them to make them disperse or they’ll fire down a constant stream of damage that's tough to avoid.
After you've blown up the orbs, she'll swoop down. Sprint to either side to avoid this.
Eventually, she’ll conjure a big mouldy orb - again shoot it to pop it.
When the arena goes dark, take out your shotgun or magnum. Here you have to be quick and shoot her as soon as she appears from the fog.
Immediately after the darkness goes, it seems like she always does the fire attack where you hide behind the wall, so be ready to sprint behind one.
These are all of the patterns she has, and will repeat the cycle until you've done enough damage to defeat her. So learn the pattern as much as possible and persevere.
When you score enough hits, a scene will play where you have to attack when it prompts you.
Do so, watch the rest of the scene play out, and reflect on the delightful horrors you've faced in Resident Evil Village. Congrats!
- Resident Evil Village Walkthrough Part 1 - Into the village, Luiza’s House, and the castle
- Resident Evil Village Prioress Door
- Resident Evil Village Part 3 - Hall of War, Dungeon, Bela Dimitrescu First Daughter Boss
- Resident Evil Village Hall of Ablution statues
- Resident Evil Village Part 5 - Wine Cellar, Terrace, and Courtyard
- Resident Evil Village Piano puzzle
- Resident Evil Village Part 7 - Library Second Daughter Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village 5 Bells in the Atelier
- Resident Evil Village Part 9 - Treasure map, Rooftops, and Third Daughter Fight
- Resident Evil Village Lady Dimitrescu Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village Part 11 - House With the Red Chimney
- Resident Evil Village Beneviento Dollhouse | Beneviento's Treasure, Door Code, Music Box Puzzle Solutions
- Resident Evil Village Part 13 | Moreau Boss, Sluice Gate puzzle and boat key location
- Resident Evil Village Part 14 | Well Puzzle, Otto’s Mill, Stronghold, and Urias Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village Part 15 | Heisenberg's Factory and Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village Part 16 | Finding Chris Redfield
- Resident Evil Village Part 17 | Mother Miranda Final Boss