Monster Hunter Rise Guide and Tips for Beginners
Go from Kamura kid to hardcore hunter!
Our Monster Hunter Rise guide breaks down this latest main series game in the legendarily complicated franchise, which can be overwhelming for newcomers and seasoned players alike thanks to the array of new features to master.
Whether it's the spreadsheets full of equipment for you to construct, the plethora of resources to gather, or the nuances of the monsters themselves, we're here to help guide you along with tips and advice on nearly every aspect of Monster Hunter Rise. So, without further ado, here are our Monster Hunter Rise tips.
Monster Hunter Rise Guide and Tips for Combat, Farming, Bosses
We've divided up our Monster Hunter Rise guide into five main sections: Beginner's Guide, Monsters, Resources and Crafting, Character, and Side Quests.
Each one touches on a different pillar of the game, discussing strategies for taking on the toughest beasts, finding the rarest loot, creating the strongest character, and completing the most perplexing side quests.
- Monster Hunter Rise Beginner's Guide
- Monster Hunter Rise Monster Guides
- Monster Hunter Rise Character Guides
- Monster Hunter Rise Resource Guides
- Monster Hunter Rise Side Quest Guides
Monster Hunter Rise Beginner's Guide
By the time you've found your feet in Monster Hunter Rise, there will be plenty of small tips and tricks you wish you knew from the first minute you started playing.
Below, we've put together a Beginner's Guide featuring helpful early-game advice to set you on the path to victory!
- Update your controls in the Options to make them feel more comfortable
- You can pause the game by pressing the home button in solo hunts
- Remember to eat Bunny Dango for buffs before every hunt - either in Kamura or from your tent
- Collect the EZ items from the Supply Box when you start a Hunter
- Check out the weaknesses of different monsters you've fought from your Hunter Notes
- You can easily learn combos with the on-screen prompts in the training area
- If you press dodge while sprinting you do a dive where you're briefly invincible
- Pressing B when you're sprinting on the back of your Palamute you'll launch yourself into the air
- Habitually collect from every resource point, and remember that they refresh after a short time
- Don't hoard early game materials and upgrade spheres - spend them!
- When you make gear for yourself, you get scraps which let you make gear for your buddies
- Capturing monsters with traps is quicker, easier, and gives you more materials than defeating them outright
Monster Hunter Rise Monster Guides
Why else would you play Monster Hunter Rise than to square up against the biggest and toughest beasts in the land?
But sometimes, those beasts are just a bit too big and a bit too tough to handle.
Here are our guides for taking on the most difficult boss monsters in Monster Hunter Rise:
- How to Beat Bishaten in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to Beat Magnamalo in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to Beat Mizutsune in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to Beat Goss Harag in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to Beat Rakna-Kadaki in Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Rise Character Guides
In Monster Hunter Rise, there are a dizzying array of options to consider. What kind of weapon should you use? What kind of clothing?
We're here to lend a hand with a guiding push towards creating the best character possible:
- Monster Hunter Rise Builds: What are the best armor sets for the early and late-game?
- How to choose the best weapon for you in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to use the Wirebug in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to upgrade, Ramp-Up, and Rollback at the Smithy in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to change appearance in Monster Hunter Rise
- Can you play Village Quests Multiplayer in Monster Hunter Rise?
- How to use the Sonic Barrier Melody in Monster Hunter Rise
- How do Meowcenaries work in Monster Hunter Rise?
Monster Hunter Rise Resource Guides
The world of Monster Hunter Rise is a big place, and it's not always easy to find what you need.
Here's where to go to track down some of the most hidden resources:
- Where to get Monster Bone + in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to get Paralysis Sac in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to get Machalite Ore in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to find Icium in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to find Lightcrystal in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to find Dragonite Ore in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to get Big Fin in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to get Warm Pelt in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to find Sharp Fang in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to get Meaty Hide in Monster Hunter Rise
- Where to find Eroded Skeletons in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to craft in Monster Hunter Rise
- What to do with Wyvern Eggs and how to deliver Transport Items in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to get Commendations and what to do with them
- How to get Kamura Tickets and what to do with them
- How to get Buddy Tickets and what to do with them
Monster Hunter Rise Side Quest Guides
On top of tackling monsters, there's plenty to find in Kamura Village and beyond.
Here's how to complete some of the more difficult side quests in Monster Hunter Rise: