The Vikings were hard, but Valheim is harder. So it’s a good thing our Valheim guides have the tips and strategies to help you survive primordial purgatory.
Real-life Vikings may have crossed hundreds of miles of rough and freezing cold seas to reach new lands, but when they arrived, were they killed in one hit by a deathsquito?
Didn’t think so.
The land of Valheim is harsh, and if you’re going to complete Odin’s task, you’ll need to cultivate arable land, craft the most useful items, and defeat the most difficult enemies.
We’ve split the tips in our Valheim guides up into three categories. Each one breaking down a different aspect of the Early Access survival sandbox.
The first deals with poorly explained or confusing systems within the world of Valheim, including transport, collecting food, and similar ideas.
While the second deals with how you craft interesting, useful, or powerful items.
Finally, a lot of things in Valheim are tied to defeating the mighty bosses, who you must summon and fight to progress into different areas and unlock new things.
Valheim Tips and Guides
Valheim Systems Guides
The tips in these Valheim guides discuss some of the more complex systems at play as you bring order to the realm at the behest of Odin.
- Valheim Map | All biomes and how to reveal the map
- Valheim Boats | How to build and upgrade longships
- Valheim Merchant | Find Haldor and purchase Ymir flesh
- Valheim Cultivator| How to plant seeds
- Valheim Workbench | How to repair tools
- Valheim Best Weapons and Armour
- Valheim Multiplayer | How to set up a dedicated server
- Best Valheim Seeds | Where to enter the best seeds for starting world maps
- Valheim Best Food | Recipes, all Food Items
- Valheim fishing | Where to buy supplies, how to catch fish, and more
- Valheim Building Ideas
- Valheim Boar Taming| How to tame, breed, and farm boars
- Valheim Wolf Taming | How to tame and breed pet wolves for combat
- Valheim Lox Taming | How to tame and keep lox
- Valheim Console Commands and Cheats
- Best Valheim Mods | Valheim Plus, first person view, and more
Valheim Crafting Guides
What would a survival game be without crafting? These guides show you how to create some of the most useful items in Valheim.
- Valheim: Where to find iron | How to mine and smelt scrap iron
- Valheim Bronze and Copper
- Valheim Axes | How to craft all Pickaxes, Wood Axes, and Battleaxes
- Valheim Kraken | Where to find the Kraken and how to harvest and craft with abyssal barnacles
- Valheim trophies | How to craft item displays and hang trophies
Valheim Boss Guides
Valheim isn't an empty wilderness. Lurking in wait are five powerful bosses, each unlocking new adventures throughout the world. Here's how to defeat them.
- Valheim First Boss | How to summon and defeat Eikthyr and find Surtling Cores
- Valheim Second Boss | How to get the swamp key and summon The Elder
- Valheim Bonemass | How to beat Bonemass, collect withered bones and detect silver with the Wishbone
- Valheim Moder | How to unlock black metal crafting and the artisan’s table
- Valheim Last Boss | How to summon and defeat Yagluth
Since launch, Valheim has seen smash-hit success - rising all the way to the top three on Steam soon after release.