Quantum Break PC issues will persist for some time, it seems.
Quantum Break PC crashes waiting on Windows 10 update
Now for the bad news: unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on a Quantum Break update for PC, although Remedy PR manager Thomas Puha said on Twitter it'll be "hopefully not too long" before Title Update 2 rolls out to Windows 10.
It gets worse, though. On the subject of problems with the PC port of Quantum Break, the Quantum Break State of the Game post on the Remedy forums has been updated with a notice about crashes experienced with some GPUs. Unfortunately, this isn't something Remedy can fix.
"Microsoft has identified a Windows 10 memory management issue which may cause Quantum Break to crash on some GPU," the developer said.
"This crash is seen more frequently at higher game settings. Microsoft plans to fix this in a future Windows Update."
Goodness knows how long that'll take. Turn your graphics settings down in the meantime, I guess.
Xbox One patch notes follow. We can probably expect many of these fixes to be present in the PC patch whenever it arrives.
- Act Fixes/Updates:
- Act 1 Part 1: Fixed a rare instance of taxi being missing from the intro cinematic
- Act 1 Part 2: Fixed assets disappearing if players backtrack
- Act 1 Part 2: Fixed an issue where players could not kill the guard in the parking lot
- Act 1 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
- Act 1: Fixed overlapping audio in opening cinematic
- Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
- Act 2 Part 1: You can no longer get underneath the puzzle at the security station
- Act 2 Part 2: First Chronon source renders properly
- Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent player’s accidentally falling to their death
- Act 2 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
- Act 2 Part 3: Fixed rare NPC issues where Amy or Nick could be killed or block the door
- Junction 3: Fixed Hatch being hidden if the user skips a future vision too quickly
- Junction 4: Fixed flickering environment outside office building
- Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read
- Act 5: Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in a cinematic
- General Fixes/Updates:
- Fixed issue where ambient sounds disappeared when mashing buttons during a cinematic
- Removed unnecessary loading screens showing up
- Updated credits
- World no longer visibly unloads after Jack lets Beth and NPC into the Swimming Pool front door
- Amy no longer remains still and without pathing towards gate in train yard
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Fix for blinking lights, where flares would blink excessively bright after resuming from suspend mode
- Fixes for making Xbox Live integration more fault-tolerant
- Remedy logo fix
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fix for some TV screens sometimes showing a really grainy image
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
- Fixed two rare instances of stalls when loading
- Fixed a rare crash with the video texture system
- Fixed crash in download menu when switching profiles
- Fixed "Waiting for install to complete" text not being localized when changing the language
- Game/story/collectible progress hero stats no longer display incorrectly when player has less than a percent of progress
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress