Epic Games has revealed the Fortnite Grappler, a new item that lets you accurately zip across the map.
To celebrate the Fortnite High Stakes event this week, Epic Games decided to reveal a game-changer of an item at PAX West: the Grappler. As reported PC Games N, this device is the cartoon version of Just Cause’s zipline which lets you fling yourself through the map.
Much like the jetpack and bouncepads, the Grappler is the latest item that lets you move quickly across the map. The key difference is accuracy, since you can aim exactly where you’d like to go. In keeping with the High Stakes theme, the Grappler is also a fairly quiet movement option. Not bad for a device made up of a motor, a toilet plunger, and some rope.
The main downsides? Grapplers are short-range devices and only come with ten charges. It’s not clear if there’s a way to replenish Grappler charges like standard weapon ammunition, but players still need to be strategic in their use.
— Fortnite Battle Royale News (@FortniteBR) September 3, 2018
Epic Games hasn’t provided a Grappler release date, but you can safely bet it will arrive with this week’s High Stakes update. Don’t forget to check your Supply Llamas once it’s live, and grapple responsibly everyone.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads