What was once known as Dusty Depot, the small town in the middle of Fortnite’s map, was drastically changed with the start of Season 4 and renamed to Dusty Divot. It now looks like it’s about to be updated yet again.
The name Dusty Divot looks like it’ll stay, at least for now, but the layout of this Fortnite spot is changing in patch v5.40.
During Epic’s PAX West livestream, the one where the Getaway LTM was shown for the first time, Dusty Divot looked a bit different from the current version in the live game.
Patch v5.40 is believed to be the one that’ll kick-start the game’s High Stakes event, and now fans believe the patch will also make a few changes to Dusty Divot.
The updated layout was quickly spotted by eagle-eyed players. As you can see in Reddit user XFragsHD‘s comparison shots below, Dusty Divot now has an open area outside of the factory, but it’s not clear exactly what it is.
The crater left behind by the meteor that hit the town at the start of Season 4 doesn’t appear to be there, either.
Titled Tower, too, seems to be getting a couple of minor changes (though we did know about this). You can see that some of the construction work has been finished, creating a new building.
Fortnite’s previous patch turned Tomato Town into Tomato Temple, so it’s easy to imagine a different town getting a layout update in patch v5.40. Epic has not yet revealed a release date for the patch, but it should be out this week.
On top of the High Stakes event, the Getaway LTM, update v5.40 is also adding a new item to the game: the Grappler.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads