Pokemon Go’s most interesting update in absolute yonks is here.
Pokemon Go’s huge new update is now available.
This is the update that adds gym badges, raids, and much more to Pokemon Go – hit that link for a description of all the new features, what they do, how they work and how you can take advantage of them. It’s also the reason Pokemon Go gyms closed earlier in the week, in case you were wondering.
Once the update has rolled out everywhere you should find it’s business as normal. Well, except for all the fancy new Pokemon Go features, obviously.
The update brings Pokemon Go to version 0.67.1 on Android and 1.37.1 on iOS. Here are the full patch notes:
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokemon collection screen.
- Added visual indicator to unvisited PokeStops.
The update is just the latest effort in what seems to be a major resurgence in Pokemon Go. For one thing, Niantic recently announced the immediately sold-out Pokemon Go Fest in Chicago – hopefully the first of many such official live meetups.
Been a while since you tried to catch-’em-all? Hit up our Pokemon Go guide to catch up quick.
It also follows really closely on the Pokemon Go Solstice event; Niantic is getting better about not leaving Pokemon Go players with nothing new to do.
With legendaries on the horizon and the anniversary of Pokemon Go’s release looming, it should be a good few months for Pokemon Go fans.