Diablo Immortal Gems & Runes Guide | How to get the best Legendary Gems
Shiny jewels with a lot of power
Season 3 of Diablo Immortal has begun and Legendary Gems are as important as ever.
To get most out of your equipment, you need to slot the best Legendary Gems into their sockets. We've updated our list below to include all of the ones we've seen in-game so far, including the most powerful 5-star Gems.
Legendary Gems are hugely powerful, transferable buffs which give massive bonuses to your character’s stats or grant them new, devastating abilities.
While there are plenty to get your hands on and there’s sure to be a rich metagame tweaking the perfect set up, adding them to your inventory is no easy feat.
You can buy Legendary Gems from other players using a dedicated system with its own currency, but there are a few other methods as well.
One of the easier ways is to craft them yourself using Runes, but it can be a complicated, confusing and intensive process.
So you know where to focus your efforts on your way to saving the world from evil, here’s everything you need to know about Legendary Gems and Runes in Diablo Immortal.
What are gems in Diablo Immortal? Red, Blue, Yellow, Legendary Gems
Gems in Diablo Immortal are rare items that increase the strength of your character and their equipment. They can be easily split up into 2 categories: Legendary Gems and Normal, which can be Red, Yellow and Blue Gems.
Legendary Gems are slotted into primary equipment - that’s your main weapon, off-hand equipment, shoulder, leg, body and helm. They give boosts to your combat rating and Resonance, which buffs all of your equipment’s attributes. The main point of them though is the unique special abilities they unlock.
Whichever one of the best classes in Diablo Immortal you've picked, these are vital to getting the most out of your gear.
Red, Yellow and Blue Gems are slotted into secondary equipment. This includes your neckwear, rings, gloves, boots and belt. They give minor buffs like extra health, damage, or penetration.Red Gems:
You can upgrade the effects of normal gems by combining multiples of the same one in your inventory. While the buffs are minor individually, then can quickly add up into a noticable difference.
How do I get more Legendary Gems in Diablo Immortal?
You can get Legendary Gems in Diablo Immortal from completing main story quests, daily login rewards, climbing tiers on the various Battle Passes, the auction house, opening the Elder Rift with a Legendary Crest and by crafting them yourself using Runes.
As you would expect, the two easiest types of Legendary Gems to get in Diablo Immortal are the ones handed to you during the main story quests and the one you get for logging in 3 days in a row.
Aside from that, you can buy more from other players by spending Platinum - which is bought from the in-game shop using currency only purchasable with real-world money - at Wynton’s Grand Market in Rakkis Plaza in the southeast of Westmarch. You can also get small amounts of Platinum by completing daily activities in your Codex.
Wynton’s Grand Market is analogous to the Auction House in previous Diablo games where you can list your rare and valuable items up for sale to other players. You can only buy Gems in Diablo Immortal though, and it costs Platinum both to list of buy them.
Also in Westmarch, you get a guaranteed Legendary Gem if you open and complete the Elder Rift with a Legendary Crest - which we have a full guide page for. These are primarily bought for real money, but can be very rarely obtained in-game as well. You also have a very small chance for one to drop from a Rare Crest too.
Finally, the cheapest way to get Legendary Gems in-game in Diablo Immortal is to craft them using Runes.
What are Runes in Diablo Immortal?
Runes in Diablo Immortal are magical stones that can be combined to craft Legendary Gems.
There is a dizzying array of them to collect and it can be very confusing to work out what you’ve got and how to spend them.
Runes are collected from the completing Elder Rift dungeons opened with at least a Rare Crest. You will receive random Runes at the end of the dungeon.
The simplest is the Fa Rune. Go to Seril the apprentice jeweller in Rakkis Plaza in Westmarch and you can use 7 Fa Runes to craft a 1-star Legendary Gem. A 2-star costs 28 Fa Runes, while a random Legendary Rune of upto 5-stars costs 22 Fa.
You can buy 1 Fa Rune from the Fading Ember merchant to the left of the Rifts in the Palace Courtyard for 18 Fading Ember. It doesn’t take more than a quick calculation to see that you’re going to need a lot of Fading Ember to craft Gems this way, so you’ll have to remember to collect some every day.
To craft specific Legendary Gems, you need to combine Ati Runes and different Rare and Normal Runes. Ati Runes are also collected from the Elder Rift, but you can also trade surplus runes at the Fading Ember merchant for more.
It’s just luck as to which Rare Runes and Normal Runes you collect, so you just need to grind out dungeons until you have what you need.
Diablo Immortal Legendary Gems List
These are all of the Legendary Gems we’ve seen referenced so far in Diablo Immortal, including the uber-powerful 5-star rank ones. We will continue to update the list as more are added and we learn their effects.
All Legendary Gems also increase your Resonance and Combat Rating in addition to these powers.
- Lightning Core - Your primary attacks slowly charge electricity and release chain lightning, increases chance to find magic items, increases all damage done after chain lightning
- The Black Rose - Each time you’re attacked you have a chance to summon immobilizing vines, increases chance to find magic items, vine change increases at rank 3
- Power & Command - Alternates states every few seconds, Power increases your primary attack damage and Control increases all skill damage, increases chance to find magic items, chance to dispel a negative effect every time the state switches
- The Hunger - Heal yourself every time you defeat an enemy, increases chance to find magic items, increases attack speed after defeating enemy
- Battleguard - Decrease all melee damage you take, increases chance to find magic items, you move through enemies easily when at low health
- Follower’s Burden - Increases damage for each summon you control, increases chance to find magic items, decreases all damage taken by summons
- Bloody Reach - Increases damage you deal the further you are away from an enemy, increases chance to find magic items, your attacks have a chance to decrease enemy attack and movement speed
- Unity Crystal - Your party members take less damage when party members are close together, increases chance to find magic items, party members deal more damage when close to other party members
- Cutthroat’s Grin - Gain increased critical hit chance when attacking from behind, increases chance to find magic items, deal additional damage when attacking from behind
- Nightmare Wreath - Chance to send other enemies fleeing when you defeat an enemy, increases chance to find magic items, deal additional damage to targets afflicted with fear
- Berserker’s Eye - Increases damage you deal but also damage you take, increases chance to find magic items, increases critical hit chance
- Pain of Subjugation - Deal increased damage to enemies suffering from loss of control, increases chance to find magic items, decreases all damage you take while suffering from loss of control
- Respite Stone - Decreases all damage you take based on how much health you’re missing, increases chance to find magic items, gain increased armor while at low health
- Ca’arsen’s Invigoration - Increases primary attack speed, increases chance to find magic items, increases primary attack damage
- Zod Stone - Increases the duration of your ultimate skills, increases chance to find magic items, increases the damage done by ultimate skills
- Everlasting Torment - Critical hits inflict Agony dealing extra damage over time, increases chance to find magic items, increases your attack speed for every nearby enemy with Agony
- Defiant Soul - Each time you block deal damage to enemies, increases chance to find magic items, decreases all damage you take after blocking
- Freedom and Devotion - Increases the duration of summons, increases chance to find magic items, increases the damage of summons
- Chained Death - Increases the damage of your AoE attacks per target hit, increases chance to find magic items, increases in damage up to a maximum of more targets
- Mocking Laughter - Your primary attack forces non-elite monsters to attack you, increases chance to find magic items, decrease all damage taken from monsters afflicted by Mocking Laughter
- Seled’s Weakening - Gain increased damage after defeating an elite monster, increases chance to find magic items, increases damage you deal to elite monsters
- Trickshot Gem - Your channeled skills consumer enemy more slowly, increases chance to find magic items, decrease all damage you take while using a channeled skill
- Phoenix Ashes - Prevents fatal damage and gives you a shield that absorbs more than your total health but can only trigger infrequently, increases chance to find magic items, when your shield expires you heal for a percentage of the remaining value
- Chip of Stoned Flesh - Each time you inflict Loss of Control you also inflict an explosive curse, increases chance to find magic items, you deal increased damage to enemies afflicted with the explosive curse
- Howler's Call - Your primary attack has a chance to summon a Spirit Wolf, increases chance to find magic items, the Spirit Wolf can stun enemies
- Seeping Bile - Your attacks have a chance to inflict enemies with a spreading poison, increases chance to find magic items, the poison reduces enemy movement speed
- Blessing of the Worthy - You have a chance to deal damage to all nearby enemies when you take damage, increases chance to find magic items, you take less damage after unleasing the retribution
- Blood-soaked Jade - Increases all damage you deal and buffs movement speed but the increases is less as you lose health, increases chance to find magic items, take less damage when you're low on Life
- Echoing Shade - Your attacks have a chance to summon a Shadow Clone that gains some of your abilities, increases chance to find magic items, you can have 2 Shadow Clones at once
- Bottled Hope - Granting a buff to a target also increases their damage done and movement speed, increases chance to find magic items, decreases the cooldown on all your skills
- Zwenson's Haunting - Summon a Dark Beast when you defeat an enemy, increases chance to find magic items, gain a chance to summon a Dark Dragon after using a skill that causes loss of control