Assassin's Creed: Unity is a big game. Let our guide take you through the streets of revolutionary Paris with maximum efficiency.
Assassin's Creed: Unity guide and mission walkthrough
Assassin's Creed Unity puts you in the role of Arno, a snappy dresser with a penchant for gadgets and throat-cutting.
Our hero's path to becoming a master assassin isn't an easy one, and Arno's goals don't always line up with what the Assassins and Templars are up to in the crowded streets of Paris.
You have a chance to make a real difference to a heavily oppressed people, but in typical Assassin's Creed style things never go precisely as you'd expect. Politics, back-stabbing both literal and metaphorical, and the gunpowder-hot mood of the mob await you. Go forth, Assassin; it's a revolution.
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity guide - where to find Nostradamus Enigma collectibles
- How to make money in Assassin’s Creed: Unity
- Prologue: Kill The Assassin
- Sequence 1 Memory 1: Memories of Versailles
- Sequence 1 Memory 2: The Estates General - Find De La Serre
- Sequence 1 Memory 3: High Society - Infiltrate the Palace
- Sequence 2 Memory 1: Imprisoned - Knock Out the Thief
- Sequence 2 Memory 2: Rebirth - Investigate Sainte-Chapelle
- Sequence 3 Memory 1: Graduation - Three Cover Kills
- Sequence 3 Memory 2: Confession - Assassinate Sivert
- Server Bridge: Paris 1898 – Lady Liberty
- Sequence 4 Memory 1: The Kingdom of Beggars
- Sequence 4 Memory 2: Le Roi Est Mort – Find the Hideout
- Sequence 5 Memory 1: The Silversmith - Kill the Thugs
- Sequence 5 Memory 2: La Halle Aux Bles - Escape the Area
- Sequence 5 Memory 3: The Prophet - Assassinate Lafreniere
- Sequence 6 Memory 1: The Jacobin Club - Tail La Touche
- Sequence 6 Memory 2: Templar Ambush - Escape the Maze
- Sequence 7 Memory 1: A Cautious Alliance
- Sequence 7 Memory 2: Meeting with Mirabeau – Apothecary
- Sequence 7 Memory 3: Confrontation - Bellec Boss Fight
- Server Bridge: Paris 1944 - Destroy the Planes
- Sequence 8 - Memory 1: The King's Correspondence - Napoleon
- Sequence 8 Memory 2: September Massacres - Rouille
- Sequence 9 Memory 1: Starving Times - Steal the Orders
- Sequence 9 Memory 2: Hoarders - Kill Marie Levesque
- Sequence 9 Memory 3: The Escape - Follow the Montgolfiere
- Sequence 10 Memory 1: A Dinner Engagement - Bribery Assassination
- Sequence 10 Memory 2: The Execution - Find Germain
- Sequence 11 Memory 1: Bottom of the Barrel - Kill the Gang Leader
- Sequence 11 Memory 2: Rise of the Assassin - La Touche
- Server Bridge: Paris 1394 - Cross the Bridge
- Sequence 12 Memory 1: The Supreme Being - Plant the Letters
- Sequence 12 Memory 2: The Fall of Robespierre - Lockpick
- Sequence 12 Memory 3: The Temple - Germain Boss Fight
General gameplay tips
- Ubisoft has made some changes to the traditional Assassin's Creed controls, so even if you're a veteran you should pay attention to the tutorials or check out the control layout carefully. Of particular note, stealth is now activated with a button press, and there are separate keys for "climb up" and "climb down". Note that you can also just free-run as normal, and sometimes that's the better option, as Arno will always prioritise verticality over directional progress when using the specific up or down controls.
- If you're determined to 100% the game, you'll need to replay missions multiple times to collect all the rewards on offer.
- If you find the guards are proving a bit too much for you, spend some time replaying missions or exploring side-content; there are a ridiculous number of upgrades to unlock, and you may have an easier time of it after you've picked up a better weapon and armour.
- Don't be afraid to take on high difficulty missions if you're got at stealth; the difficulty refers to the strength and numbers of troops you'll encounter, and a good assassin never needs to join open conflict, amirite?
- Many familiar assassin abilities aren't available until you're unlocked them, so check the upgrades menu thoroughly before you embarrass yourself failing a double air assassination attempt before you're capable of it.
- You can no longer pick up bodies and hide them, so if you're clearing out guards be sure to use hiding-spot and cover kills to keep the corpses out of the way of their former colleagues.
- Returning players will find combat much more challenging; you can no longer do counter-kills or killstreaks, so every enemy has to be taken down with legitimate attacks.
- On the other hand, perfect parries will be your new best friend. Master them.