With the end of the Fall Skirmish comes the Winter Royale Online Tournament, as well as major tournament updates.
Epic Games has announced the Fortnite Winter Royale Online Tournament, consisting of the Winter Royale Qualifiers and the Winter Royale Finals, that will have a whopping $1 million in prizes.
Players will have ample opportunity to try to get a high score during the qualifier rounds, with the highest score across all sessions being counted. The regions are limited to Europe and North America, with the top performers moving ahead to the Winter Royale Finals.
While specific times have yet to be disclosed, Epic has shared the dates of the events:
- Winter Royale Qualifier (open) – November 24 – November 25
- Europe Winter Royale Finals – November 30 – December 1
- North America Winter Royale Finals – December 11 – December 12
Online tournament fixes rolled out in patch v6.30, with players now getting matched “against opponents with similar point totals.” Although higher scoring players may face wait times in excess of five minutes to “find a suitable match,” but that’s the price you’ve got to pay for being do gosh darned good, I guess.
We’ll keep you posted with the finer details once Epic releases them.
Fortnite Season 6 Weekly challenges
If you’re currently working your way through the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass, here are all the challenges so far:
- Week 8 Challenges
- Dance with a fish trophy at different Named Locations
- Get a score of 3 on different clay pigeon shooters
- Week 5 Challenges
- Jump through flaming hoops with a Shopping Cart or ATK
- Record a speed of 27 or more in front of different Radar Signs
- Week 4 Challenges
- Ring the doorbell of a house with an opponent inside in different matches
- Eliminate opponents near any of the Corrupted Areas