As promised, Fortnite’s v5.30 patch, which was delayed earlier this week, is now available to download.
Patch v5.30’s release is preceded by a few minutes of Fortnite server downtime on all platforms. The patch’s biggest new addition, the Rift-To-Go, was teased in this week’s store update.
The Rift-To-Go allows players to create their own rift at any moment, perfect for escaping a chase. Throwing it makes the player disappear, before reappearing in the sky. You’ll need to avoid getting shot while gliding back down, though.
Patch v5.30 also brings a new limited-time mode (LTM) to the game called Score Royale. In Score Royale, players must be the first to reach the high score threshold to win. To score points, you’ll need to eliminate other players, open loot containers – but more importantly, collect coins.
There are different score targets for the different modes (solos, duos, squads), but practically anything you do – including using an apple or mushroom – will add to your score. In Score Royale, early game circles are larger and the storm moves in more slowly, but late game storms are faster.
The popular Playground LTM also returns, now with more all-terrain karts (ATK), more ramps, and new rifts all over the map.
In case you missed it, the Season 5 Week 7 challenges officially go live tomorrow, August 24. All of the Season 5 Week 7 challenges have leaked, though.
Check below for the full list of Battle Royale changes in v5.30:
- New Message of the Day format for both Save the World and Battle Royale modes.
- Added keyboard presets to the keyboard input tab in the settings.
- Now you can quickly select either the default keyboard controls (Standard) or the original (Old School) controls.
- Fixed a delay when trying to open the top bar menu immediately after switching to the Store tab.
- Fixed UI bug where holding down the primary button on a Widget, then moving to a new widget, would result in the current selection disappearing.
- Fixed issues with burst-fire weapon local ammo amount occasionally being displayed incorrectly when equipping or unequipping while firing.
- The shader cache now adjusts how many shader entries are processed each frame based on how long it takes to compile each shader. This makes the process faster when the operating-system or driver has internally cached the shaders on a previous run.
- Fixed an issue causing autorun to immediately turn off after being toggled on.
- Modified the Options screen so that player inputs will not immediately cause it to close during gameplay.
- Fixed reticle hit notify image appearing when switching quickly from a melee weapon to a ranged weapon after inflicting damage.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally allowed weapons to display ammo in the magazine if all ammo was dropped while reloading.
- Fixed an issue with trying to fire while opening a door, which was causing a fire animation to play without the weapon actually firing.
- Smoke generated from the destruction of objects is now 50% more translucent than before, increasing visibility close up.
Limited-time mode: Score Royale
- Earn points by collecting coins, opening loot containers and eliminating other players. The first to cross the High Score threshold wins the Victory Royale!
- Early game Storm circles are larger and the Storms move in more slowly, giving players more time to spread out and search for loot.
- Late game Storms move in fast! Earn enough points for the Victory Royale before they close in.
- Winning Score (Solo) – 2,000
- Winning Score (Duos) – 3,000
- Winning Score (Squads) – 4,500
- Use an Apple or Mushroom – 10
- Open an Ammo Box – 25
- Open a Llama – 50
- Open a Supply Drop – 100
- Eliminate an Enemy – 100
- Open a Treasure Chest – 50
- Find a Bronze Coin – 30
- Find a Silver Coin – 50
- Find a Gold Coin – 100
Limited-time mode: Playground
- Playground has been updated with a couple dozen new ATK’s available, some more ramps to jump them off of, and a handful of new Rifts scattered throughout the map. Head to the hilltops and see if you can find them all.
Weapons and items
- Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift that can be carried in inventory and deployed immediately.
- When activated, you are teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode.
- The Rift will remain at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, allowing other players to use it.
- Epic rarity. Drops in stacks of 1 with a max stack size of 2.
- Can be found in chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops and Loot Llamas.
- Pump Shotgun equip time has been shortened from 0.96 seconds to 0.88 seconds.
- Double Barrel shotgun now has a spread reduction of 15% while crouched.
- Clingers will now only explode when their fuse has expired.
- Clingers will no longer explode if the object they are attached to is destroyed. They will be affected by gravity and fall until they stick to another object or their fuse expires.
- Impulse Grenade max stack size increased from 8 to 9.
- Bouncers now need line of sight of a player to activate.
- Damage Traps will now properly affect enemy players who are within their range.
- Remote Explosives now damage everything in their radius that can be destroyed.
- Added the ability to use Emoticons and Squad Comms while knocked down.
- Combat and Builder Pro Configs: Added functionality to the right stick click action that will cycle available traps if the player isn’t repairing or rotating a build piece.
- Added an option to auto-sort consumable items to the rightmost empty quick bar slot when picked up.
- Added smoothing to motion controls on platforms that support it.
- Lowered the dead-zone used for aiming on Xbox One controllers.
- Tuned controller input and accelerations to allow for more fine tuning when aiming.
- Vehicles will now fall properly if the structure beneath them is destroyed.
- Characters who crouch and uncrouch will no longer cause visual or hitbox inconsistencies.
- Fixed an issue causing 0 damage number to be displayed.
- Players affected by network issues such as packet loss are now limited in how far they will move until the connection is stable again.
- Additionally, fixed some inconsistencies with how far and fast players could move under these conditions.
- The Save the World reward flow will no longer occasionally appear in Battle Royale.
- When health and shield damage occur at the same time, they will now be combined and displayed as a single shield damage number.
- Fixed an issue with controller aiming where the input was not properly scaled when aiming down sights or aiming with a scoped weapon.
- This will slightly increase sensitivity when aiming down sights or with a scoped weapon.
- Players will no longer emote with their pickaxe in hand.
- Fixed issue where damage would always show blue numbers when a player’s shield amount would get stuck at a value between 0 and 1.
- Fixed some shrubs and bushes that took more swings to harvest then intended. They will now be destroyed after the intended number of swings.
- Weapons will now auto reload if they are equipped and their ammo type is looted.
- Vending Machines now display the proper costs in the Playground LTM.
- Fixed some very long hitches seen during long game sessions caused by the Replay System.
- Optimized loading of Outfits to reduce disk load during the early game (particularly skydiving). This should mean buildings and Outfits load faster.
- Improved building streaming performance on Xbox One and Switch. This will help buildings load in more quickly during skydiving, reducing the chances of landing on a low-detail model.
- Improved load times on Xbox One and Switch.
- Additional stereo content has been added to your own gunfire sounds.
- Laser Chomp tail swing audio adjusted to more closely match the animation.
- Emote music no longer breaks when playing back to back emotes.
- Music now plays properly when using the Hang Time glider.
- Added a max time for the clock ticking sound that plays prior to the Storm shrinking.
- Prevents 3 minutes of this sound from playing at the end of a Playgrounds match.
- Pick Squeak pickaxe now properly squeaks on every hit.
- Added a display timer and new animation for Item Shop carousel tiles.
- Health bars for objects with more than 1000 health now display properly.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t use LT/L2 to zoom on the fullscreen map while spectating because it would open the report player window.
- The ATK now displays the proper controls for players on a gamepad.
- Fixed an issue where all buses would display as enemy buses on the starter island.
Art and animation
- Purple trails on Split Wing Glider will now appear properly.
- Whiteout Outfit now has 100% more neck.
- The camera will no longer get stuck following the Battle Bus in replays.
- Shield bar will now properly update after a player is revived.
- Weapon icons on nameplates will now display properly.
- Players must now select a preferred fire mode before proceeding to matchmaking.
- A dedicated button to powerslide while driving has been added to the UI.
- The button for exiting a vehicle will now always remain consistent.
- Turbo building will no longer be interrupted by switching structure types.
- Fixed camera jitter while moving and looking simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where settings would appear in-game lower than intended resulting in missing shadows and lower image quality.
For Save the World-specifc patch notes, head over to Epic’s blog.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads