It wouldn’t be a Fortnite patch release without some leaks, and update v5.30 is full of juicy leaks that aren’t skins.
Patch v5.30 patch rolled out earlier today to all Fortnite players. If you’re not already trying out the new Rift-To-Go, or queuing for the Score Royale LTM, you’ll be delighted to know that even more items are coming to the game.
In particular, dataminers found references to two new weapons and one grenade in the patch files. Starting off with the flamethrower, which @FNBRLeaks found multiple entries for in the game’s files.
According to them, it’s listed under LMGs, and uses medium bullets. There is no in-game render for the flamethrower yet, which makes it the most mysterious of today’s findings.
Interestingly, Epic added a new Thrower folder to the game’s files. The folder contains effects for the flamethrower, such as smoke and flames. It’s hard to say, however, if this is anything more than just, well, visual effects.
Moving on to the Quad Launcher, it looks like this rocket launcher will be making its way to Battle Royale in the near future. The Quad Launcher has of course been available in Fortnite’s Save the Wold mode for a while. If it is indeed on the way, it won’t be the first time a Save the World weapon has made it over to Battle Royale.
The Quad Launcher comes in Epic, and Legendary variants, according to @FNBRLeaks.
The Shockwave Grenade is an item completely new to Fortnite. There’s an early render of it in patch v5.30 files, and @TwoEpicBuddies also pointed out that it’s a Legendary version of the Pulse Grenade.
The effect of the Shockwave Grenade, however, is less clear.
Finally, Epic added files for an upcoming event called Cube. Cube is said to include some sort of rocket launcher, but that’s about the extent of what Fortnite game files revealed.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads