How often do you get exotic drops from the Roc strike playlist? Two players completed 200 levels to get the stat, plus tons more info.
Reddit poster beeray784 and his roommate completed 200 strikes from the Roc playlist, the level 26 option made available with the Dark Below DLC, producing tons of data on the frequency at which the strikes were offered and the overall level of reward.
The message is clear: Destiny will give you all the gear you need provided you play it enough. And by "enough," we mean "forever". Want an exotic weapon drop? Just complete 50 top-level strikes. It might happen!
Here's the breakdown. The loot stats are based purely off rewards given on completion of the strike, and don't include drops from in-level enemies. There's some fascinating insight here.
Roc playlist strike frequency:
- The Devils' Lair - 24/200 (12%). Longest same-map streak: 5
- Will of Crota - 25/200 (12.5%). Longest same-map streak: 2
- The Summoning Pits - 28/200 (14%). Longest same-map streak: 2
- The Nexus - 32/200 (16%). Longest same-map streak: 3
- Winter's Run - 20/200 (10%). Longest same-map streak: 2
- Cerberus Vae III - 12/200 (6%). Longest same-map streak: 1
- Dust Palace - 47/200 (23.5%). Longest same-map streak: 11
- The Undying Mind - 12/200 (6%). Longest same-map streak: 2
Reward stats (based on 400 strike completions: there were two players, remember):
- Rare armour engrams - 432 (1.08 per strike)
- Rare weapon engrams - 200 (0.5 per strike)
- Legendary armour engrams - 11 (1 every ~36 strikes)
- Legendary weapon engrams - 9 (1 every ~44 strikes)
- Exotic weapons - 8 (1 every 50 strikes): Icebreaker, Hardlight, Hawkmoon, 4th Horseman x2, Monte Carlo x2, No Land Beyond
- Legendary ships - 12 (1 every ~33 strikes)
- Motes of light - 28 (1 every ~14 strikes)
- Strange coins - 12 (1 every ~33 strikes)
Get more, including average times for the completion of each strike, on Reddit.