A new Fortnite patch will chip away at the impressive sky rift until it disappears entirely.
A little over a month ago, Fortnite kicked off an in-game event by launching a rocket and tearing open a rift in the sky. Now that rift seems to be fading from view, suggesting that preparation for a new in-game season is underway.
As reported by IGN, the rift has been closing ever since a Saturday patch was implemented. Small sections have already disappeared, while Fortnite leakers have determined it will vanish entirely on August 21, 2018.
Epic Games has used Fortnite’s skybox to herald new in-game events ever since that meteor appeared earlier this year. The current season has only been running for a month, so more surprises are likely planned – perhaps something will zip out of the rift at the last moment?
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads