The release of Fortnite’s v5.10 patch wasn’t without a few issues.
Some players had to wait for the midnight GMT reset. Sometime after the patch’s release, Epic disabled Remote Explosives followed by the Slurp Juice.
In the Remote Explosives’ case, the item had some bugs with its damage radius, and would sometimes not damage buildings if they had damaged a player prior. Those issues were enough to get them pulled, but Epic Games re-enabled them earlier.
Handle with care 💥
Remote Explosives have been re-enabled!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) July 25, 2018
Slurp Juice, on the other hand, has yet to return online. Patch v5.10 did bring a few buffs to the item, allowing it to grant shields when used on full health. It’s not clear if the buff had caused a bug, but the Slurp Juice remains unavailable at the time of writing.
Until a fix is released, they’ll probably stay offline for a bit.
Due to an issue discovered with Slurp Juice, we've temporarily disabled it as we investigate the cause and work towards a fix.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) July 24, 2018
Although it’s great that Epic is very reactive to the discovery of bugs and glitches, players are disappointed that this has been a common occurrence.
Shopping Carts have been disabled and re-enabled half a dozen times since launch, and it’s not surprising to see one item or another getting taken offline every other week.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads