A list released by NPD, apparently included in Ubisoft's earnings report today, cites Call of Duty: Black Ops as selling close to 15 million copies in the US as of September 2011.
According to the figures, the game sold over three times as much as other titles released during the period, which includes January 2010 through September 2011.
Ubisoft's Just Dance 2 was the second best-seller for the period, moving 5.25 million units, and Madden NFL 11 the third best-seller with 5.2 million in sales.
The top 11 is listed below, courtesy of Gamasutra.
- Black Ops -Activision Blizzard - 14,983,459 units
- Just Dance 2 - Ubisoft - 5,245,480 units
- Madden NFL 11- EA - 5,195,251 units
- Halo: Reach - Microsoft - 4,746,560 units
- New Super Mario Wii - Nintendo- 4,231,423 units
- NBA 2K11 - Take 2- 4,202,926 units
- Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Nintendo - 3,943,889 units
- Red Dead Redemption - Take 2 - 3,877,037 units
- Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo- 3,577,800 units
- Pokemon Black/White - Nintendo - 3,581,789 units
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Ubisoft- 3,141,187 units