Minecraft has 12 world records included in the Guinness Book of World Records 2015: Gamer's Edition, which is now available for purchase.
Records pertaining to the game are four in total while the other eight were accomplished by players.
Here's the list:
- Best-Selling Indie Game (PC and Mac stats only): The game is listed as having sold 16,176,201 copies in the book. If you head over to he official website though, the number has grown substantially since Guinness gathered it's figures. The site notes 18,147,952 people have bought the game, and an additiona; 10,033 copies were sold in the last 24 hours.
- Most-Played Xbox Live Game: By May 2014, Xbox 360 players had spent 1.75 billion hours playing Minecraft.
- Most Popular Game Beta: Over 10 million people played the beta between November 18, 2011 and December 20, 2012.
- Largest Indie Game Convention: The Orlando Minecon, which took place in November 2013 holds the record, due to having 7,500 attendees.
- First Country Modeled at Full Scale in a Video Game: A pair of Danish Minecraft players built a 1:1 recreation of the entire country, based on data collected by the Danish GeoData Agency. It took over a billion blocks to create the country.
- Most-Downloaded Minecraft Project: The Dropper, which has been downloaded 1,145,546 times. Likely more than thatby now.
- Longest Journey in Minecraft: Kurt J. Mac traveled 919,592 miles during his Far Lands or Bust fundraiser for Child's Play charity in Minecraft's Survival mode.
- Most Concurrent Players in One Minecraft World: Was met when 2,622 players logged into a server run by Yogscast.
- Most-Viewed Fan Film Based on a Video Game: "'Revenge' - A Minecraft Parody of Usher's DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love - Crafted Using Noteblocks" by YouTuber CaptainSparklez. It was viewed 139,888,399 times per Guinness. It was released on August 19, 2011 and as of press time, it has been viewed 150,964,030 times.
- Longest Marathon on Minecraft: This was accomplished by Martin Fornleitner who spent 24 hours and 10 minutes playing the game on his Sony Xperia.
- Largest Real-World Place Created in Minecraft: The UK Ordnance Survey created a map of Britain featuring 86,000 square miles - all created in a fortnight.
- Most Minecraft Snow Golems Built in One Minute: 70 - and it was accomplished by gamer Nachtigall Vaz in January 2013, but it appears his record was broken by Jacob Genlikan Yoon who made 104 snow golems in one minute in October 2014.
The record for largest male member created in-game has not been revealed.