There are so many great attacking players in FIFA 22 that it can be hard to choose.
FIFA's at its most fun when you're scoring goals. To make that process as smooth as possible, you'll need to stack your team with the some of the best strikers in FIFA 22.
Whether you're lumping it up to the big man up top or playing intricate triangles with technical wingers, if your personnel aren't up to the task, your game plan won't come off. And now that FIFA 22 is on PlayStation Plus, even more players get to try.
As traditional wingers have become rarer, with more emphasis placed on cutting in with inside-forwards than crossing, wide-men have been grouped with the strikers for the last few years.
First up, we'll go over the absolute highest rated forwards in FIFA 22 based on their overall.
Then we'll list some of the next generation of attacking talent coming up to replace them, before discussing a few fun options to sign in your first season of Career Mode.
But before then, here are some of the best FIFA 22 strikers we've found in Career Mode is the game's release.
Best FIFA 22 Strikers we've found since release
- Victor Osimhen - Napoli - £60m Value - 22 - Worth every penny as easily one of the best Career mode Strikers in FIFA 22, Victor Osimhen is a fast, strong and agile goalscoring machine right from the very start of your save. With 90 pace, 90 jumping making him an underrated aerial threat, and high 80s for finishing and strength, there's not much he can't do. If you can afford him, his stats turn ridiculous with minimal effort.
- Giacomo Raspadori & Gianluca Scamacca - Sassuolo - Both £17m Value - 21 & 22 - The big man, little man strike duo is not dead! With the 6ft 4" Scamacca as the target and the nippier Raspadori picking up the pieces, the pair have bagged more than 20 goals between them this season in Serie A. Either grab them together as a ready-made attacking force or choose one to pair with the piece of the puzzle you've already got.
- Mikkel Damsgaard - Sampdoria - Both £16.5m Value - 20 - One of the breakout stars of the last European Championships, Damsgaard has had a difficult year in Italy due to injury. However, his recent nerf to overall and potential hasn't really done much to his starting stats, but did reduce his price tag. This makes him a really good acquisition for a mid-level team in search of a fast and technical winger.
- Brenner - FC Cincinnati - £4.2m Value - 21 - If you’re looking for a good value Brazilian striker who ticks a lot of boxes, check out Brenner. While he’s taken a bit of a potential nerf from FIFA 21, but because of dynamic potential, you can easily bring his ability back up if you’re playing through the lower leagues where he’ll get lots of minutes and hopefully score lots of goals.
- Cade Cowell - San Jose Earthquakes - £2.1m Value - 17 - Also in MLS, teenager Cade Cowell has the ridiculous combination of 85 pace, 86 strength and nearly 70 stamina and dribbling with just 66 overall. This makes him an absolute bargain for lower league teams, considering his physical stats should let him progress quickly into his 82 starting potential.
- Youssoufa Moukoko - Dortmund - £3.8m Value - 16 - The new king of the unrealistic signing has risen, all hail Youssoufa Moukoko, the Bundesliga’s youngest ever player who made his debut just 24 hours after he became eligible. With stratospheric potential and very, very usable pace, finishing and dribbling from the start, Moukoko is certified career mode gold.
- Arthur Cabral - Basel - £23.5m Value - 23 - If you prefer playing with a strapping target man up top, then Arthur Cabral is absolutely tearing up this season’s Europa Conference League and is well worth your attention. With good Power and Attacking stats plus bags of potential, he’d make a great plan B for any top team. Update: Arthur Cabral has since moved to Fiorentina, so you can still pick him up in the first season with a old save, but will need to wait if you're just starting out fresh.
- Yusuf Demir - Rapid Wein - £5m Value - 18 - Demir has been a hot prospect on both FIFA and FM for a couple of years now, but this time around he has great pace and good dribbling from the outset for a relatively cheap fee.
- Akinkunmi Amoo - Hammarby - £1.7m Value - 19 - Another cheap teenager with room to grow but decent starting stats is Akinkunmi Amoo in the Norwegian League. With 80 potential, around 80-90 in most Movement stats and 75 dribbling and stamina, he’s got time to improve his raw finishing with game time in the lower leagues.
- Goncalo Ramos - Benfica - £5.5m Value - 20 - With some ridiculous stats considering his overall and price, Goncalo Ramos could reach his starting 86 potential incredibly quickly. Since his Movement and Power stats are all approaching 75-80, he’s very usable from the start of Career Mode, where you can begin to grow his average dribbling and finishing.
Best FIFA 22 Strikers and Wingers by Overall Rating
As sports science improves, more and more players are performing at the highest level well into their 30s. Nowhere is this more obvious than with the highest rated strikers in FIFA 22.
They might not be at their absolute peak, but these are the top rated forwards this year.
|Highest Overall FIFA 22 Strikers|
|Lionel Messi||34||RW, ST||PSG||93||93|
|Kylian Mbappe||22||ST, LW||PSG||91||95|
|Cristiano Ronaldo||36||ST, LW||Man Utd||91||91|
|Karim Benzema||33||ST||Real Madrid||89||89|
|Raheem Sterling||26||LW, RW||Man City||88||89|
|Luis Suarez||34||ST||Atletico Madrid||88||88|
|Angel Di Maria||33||RW, LW||PSG||87||87|
|Gerard Moreno||29||ST, RW||Villarreal||86||86|
|Riyad Mahrez||30||RW||Man City||86||86|
|Marcus Rashford||23||LW, ST||Man Utd||85||89|
|Oyarzabal||24||LW, RW||Real Sociedad||85||89|
Highest Potential Strikers and Wingers in FIFA 22
For a bit more youthful energy, these are the highest potential strikers in FIFA 22.
They might not be quite ready to lead the line for one of Europe's wealthiest clubs, their stats will improve quickly with game time.
|Highest potential strikers in FIFA 22|
|Kylian Mbappe||22||LW, ST||PSG||91||95|
|Joao Felix||21||ST||Atletico Madrid||83||91|
|Federico Chiesa||23||RW, LW||Juventus||83||91|
|Ferran Torres||21||RW, ST||Man City||82||90|
|Vinicius Jr||20||LW||Real Madrid||80||90|
|Dejan Kulusevski||21||RW, ST||Juventus||81||89|
|Mason Greenwood||19||RW, ST||Man Utd||78||89|
|Marcus Rashford||23||LW, ST||Man Utd||85||89|
|Oyarzabal||24||LW, RW||Real Sociedad||85||89|
|Noni Madueke||19||RW, ST||PSV||77||88|
|Rayan Cherki||17||RW, LW||Lyon||73||88|
|Jeremy Doku||19||RW||Stade Rennais||77||88|
|Moussa Diably||21||LW, RW||Leverkusen||81||88|
|Cristian Pulisic||22||LW, RW||Chelsea||82||88|
|Christos Tzolis||19||LW, RW, ST||Norwich||74||87|
|Adam Hlozek||18||ST||Sparta Praha||76||87|
Best FIFA 22 Strikers to sign in the first season
So, you've scoped out the perfect target and prepared a bid, only to find that the player in question only just joined their current club - disaster!
Here are a few great strikers who are available to sign in the first season of Career Mode.
Anthony Martial - Man United - £34.5m Value - 25 - With two elite veteran strikers through the middle and two hometown heroes on the wings, Anthony Martial seems surplus to requirements in the red half of Manchester, but in FIFA 22, quality stats across the board make him a strong signing for Europe’s top teams. With nearly 90 pace and dribbling, and strength, shooting, and passing stats all around 80, he still has room to grow further with his 84 potential. Update: Martial has finally moved on to Sevilla. You'll have to wait for his loan to expire before you can bag him now.
Breel Embolo - Borussia Monchengladbach - £16m Value - 24 - Two great, reasonably realistic, signing opportunities come from the same club, Borussia Monchengladbach, who could be looking to bring in some cash for a rebuild following the departure of Marco Rose to Dortmund. The older of the two, Breel Embolo starred for Switzerland in Euro 2020 and has good movement and power stats for being 77 overall. Injuries have seen him struggle to live up to his early career hype, and his 69 finishing is pretty terrible, but will improve quickly with training thanks to his +5 potential growth.
Marcus Thuram - Borussia Monchengladbach - £27.5m Value - 23 - Marcus Thuram on the other hand, has it all from the start, and is an awesome signing for top clubs. Bizarrely listed as a left midfielder in-game despite always playing further forward, Thuram has the perfect stats to be a top-quality centre forward, combining mid 80s pace, strength, and dribbling with 80 finishing and heading accuracy.
Darwin Nunez - Benfica - £17m Value - 22 - An absolute physical monster with +9 potential growth to round out his decidedly raw shooting stats, Darwin Nunez is looking to have a breakthrough season in Portugal this term. Despite only netting 6 times in 29 appearances last season, he almost equalled that tally in the first 5 games of the 21-22 season - not to mention scoring a brace against Barcelona in the Champions League. A great option for a mid-tier Premier League team, Nunez offers Haaland-esque power with the promise of similar finishing in the future.
Dane Scarlett - Spurs - £1.5m Value - 17 - Thanks to his cheap value and 86 potential, Dane Scarlett looks to be this year’s young English striker you can unrealistically snag to tear up the lower leagues and grow incredibly fast. His stats are pretty mediocre to start with, but after some game time, they won’t stay that way for long.
Ricky-Jade Jones - Peterborough - 675k Value - 18 - For a more realistic Road to Glory signing, take a look at Ricky-Jade Jones. His technicals and stamina are not great, but with over 90 pace and 80 potential, he can at least cause some problems for slow defenders straight away. Certain to be a lower league favourite.
Karim Adeyemi - RB Salzburg - £4.5m Value - 19 - The Red Bull infrastructure is brimming with talent, and Karim Adeyemi looks like the next Timo Werner. With sky-high speed and good dribbling and finishing for his 71 overall, his value is attainable for a lot of clubs. Nurture his 85 potential and he’ll be a top talent for years to come.
Best FIFA 22 Wingers to sign in the first season
Great wing-play can mean the difference between an average team and one that's awesome to play with.
Here are some exciting wingers to bolster your front line from the first season of Career Mode.
Ansu Fati - Barcelona - £17.5m Value - 18 - After returning from injury and inheriting Messi’s number 10 shirt, Barcelona seem to be building around Ansu Fati for the long term, but after the club’s financial woes throughout the summer, can you really say any player leaving the club is unrealistic anymore? Boasting 90 pace, 80 finishing and 90 potential at just 18 years old, Fati is one of the brightest prospects in world football and can be snapped up by any of Europe’s top clubs.
Luis Diaz - Porto - £33.5m Value - 24 - A speedy dribbler with great stamina, Luis Diaz has long been a fan favourite in Portugal and looks ready to make the step up to the next level in one of the traditional top 5 leagues. Update: You probably already know that Luis Diaz got his move to Liverpool in January.
Jonathan Bamba & Jonathan Ikone - Lille - £28m & £25m Value - 25 & 23 - The two Jonathans on the wing for Lille are both quality options for richer European clubs. They’re both inverted wingers that usually play on the opposite side to their stronger foot, and combine lightning pace, tricky dribbling and decent shooting when they cut inside to score or assist. Update: Jonathan Ikone has moved to Fiorentina. I am good at picking transfers, huh?
Thiago Almada - Velez Sarsfield - £10m Value - 20 - Thiago Almada has been a hot prospect for a few years now, and FIFA 22 is no exception. His starting stamina of 74 is a lot better than it has been in previous years, meaning he’s a lot more usable right from the start of a career mode save. Nippy and technically gifted, Almada will quickly grow into a top player thanks to his +12 potential growth.
Octavian Popescu - Steaua - £3.7m value - 18 - For a bit of a cheaper option who’s still very usable from the start, Octavian Popescu is a more traditional winger, but has good speed, dribbling, and stamina despite being just 18 years old. What’s more, with 85 potential and a relatively cheap price tag, his value will increase very quickly alongside his skills.
Pedro De la Vega - Atlético Lanús - £10m Value - 20 - Another highly rated Argentine, Pedro De la Vega has better starting stats than his 74 overall might suggest, and they’ll only get better as he grows into a starting potential of 86.
Ibrahima Ndiaye - FC Luzern - £4.2m Value - 22 - With awesome stats for the price, Ibrahima Ndiaye boasts 90+ pace, nearly 80 dribbling, and mid 70s stamina for a relatively cheap fee. While his 80 potential is lower than a lot of future talents, it’s still a +9 potential growth, and it only keeps his value down and more affordable for a wider variety of clubs.
Stefan Baiaram - Universitatea Craiova - £1.7m Value - 18 - For a cheaper option who still has usable pace and stamina, check out this prospect from the Romanian league. With mid 80s pace and mid 70s stamina, he has 80 potential to improve his technical skills.
Or to support either your offense or defence, here are FIFA 22's best CAMs, CDMs, and central midfielders.