The Dawning winter event is now available for all players Destiny 2 and this year, you’ll be baking more tasty festive treats for all your pals.
This year, Eva Levante has come equipped with her Holiday Oven 2.0 and you’ll be able to bake more sweet treats for the various vendors across the map. You’ll need two ingredients plus 15 Essence of Dawning for each bake, which you can earn by completing Gambit and Crucible matches, bounties and public events.
The Dawning runs from December 17 until January 14, so there’s plenty of time to earn yourself some festive goodies.
How to start The Dawning
Speak to Eva to begin the event and first section of the quest. She’ll give you Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.0 and a few Dawning Ingredients. Use the ingredients in the order they appear in your inventory to craft something for your favourite Awoken, Zavala.
To make a baked good, you’ll need two ingredients alongside your Essence of Dawning. You can find these ingredients by killing different enemy types using melee, different weapons and supers.
Bake Zavala a treat then hand it over to him to receive a package. In your Inventory, you can open this package to receive the Cold Front SMG.
You can also earn the Alpine Dash Sparrow this Dawning by crafting Fractal Rolls, Dark Chocolate Motes and 50 baked treats. To build it, you have to craft three specific recipes for three of your allies in the Tower.
Here’s what you need for each treat, along with some Essence of Dawning:
- Fractal Rolls: Vex Milk and Pinch of Light
- Dark Chocolate Motes: Taken Butter and Null Taste
The Dawning ingredients and recipes
To find these ingredients, you’ll have to defeat certain types of enemies, often with a specific weapon or Super if you want a particular flair. Here’s where you can find The Dawning ingredients. Thanks to Reddit user Boohma for this list.
- Vex Milk: Vex enemies
- Ether Cane: Fallen enemies
- Cabal Oil: Cabal enemies
- Chitin Powder: Hive enemies
- Taken Butter: Taken enemies
- Dark Ether Cane: Scorn enemies
- Delicious Explosion: Grenade/Rocket Launcher/Grenade Launcher kills
- Sharp Flavor: Sword kills
- Impossible Heat: Solar damage kills
- Electric Flavor: Arc damage kills
- Null Taste: Void damage kills
- Personal Touch: Melee kills
- Perfect Taste: Precision kills
- Bullet Spray: SMG/LMG/AR kills
- Finishing Touch: Get kills using a Finishing Move
- Multifaceted Flavors: Get multikills
- Pinch of Light: Generate Orbs of Light
- Balanced Flavors: Bow kills, sniper kills and scout rifle kills
- Superb Texture: Super kills
To give Riven the Thousand-Layer Cookie, begin the Last Wish raid and pick wish seven. Once you arrive at the boss fight, float into the chamber to see a glowing snow globe to get Riven a snack. Head to the Tribute Hall to give the Visage of Calus his treat and hang on to Saint-14’s – he isn’t in the Tower yet.
For everything else, here’s the full recipe list for all Dawning treats:
- Failsafe’s Infinite Forest Cake: Vex Milk and Impossible Heat.
- Lord Shaxx’s Vanilla Blades: Cabal Oil and Personal Touch Sharp Flavor.
- Devrim Kay’s Gentleman’s Shortbread: Ether Cane and Perfect Taste.
- Hawthorne’s Eliksni Birdseed: Ether Cane and Personal Touch.
- Master Rahool’s Burnt Edge Transits: Mix two ingredients that do not successfully combine.
- Ikora’s Traveler Donut Holes: Cabal Oil and Flash of Inspiration.
- Spider’s Candy Dead Ghosts: Dark Ether Cane and Flash of Inspiration.
- Banshee-44’s Telemetry Tapioca: Vex Milk and Bullet Spray.
- Asher’s Radiolarian Pudding: Vex Milk and Electric Flavor.
- Xur’s Strange Cookies: Taken Butter and Electric Flavor.
- Zavala’s Gjallardoodles: Ether Cane and Delicious Explosion.
- Amanda’s Chocolate Ship Cookies: Cabal Oil and Null Taste.
- Sloane’s Alkane Dragée Cookies:Chitin Powder and Ether Cane Bullet Spray.
- Petra’s Ill-Fortune Cookies: Dark Ether Cane and Impossible Heat.
- Ana’s Javelin Mooncake: Chitin Powder and Sharp Flavor.
- The Drifter’s Dark Chocolate Motes: Taken Butter and Null Taste.
- Benedict 99-40’s Hackberry Tart: Cabal Oil and Multifaceted Flavors
- Ada-1’s Hot Crossfire Buns: Ether Cane and Balanced Flavors
- Eris Morn’s Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: Chitin Powder and Finishing Touch
- Brother Vance’s Fractal Rolls: Vex Milk and Pinch of Light
- Visage of Calus’ Fried Sha-dough: Dark Ether Cane and Superb Texture
- Riven’s Thousand-Layer Cookie: Taken Butter and Delicious Explosion
- Saint-14’s Lavender Ribbon Cookies: Vex Milk and Personal Touch
For more Destiny 2: Season of Dawn guides, you can check out our guides on how to complete An Impossible Task and find Saint-14, the best Artifact mods and how to complete Recovering the Past and get Saint-14’s Perfect Paradox shotgun.
For more Destiny 2: Shadowkeep guides, check out our pages on how to get the Season of the Dawn Ritual Weapons, how to find the Pit of Heresy Dungeon, Nightmare Essence Cleansing and how to get Phantasmal Fragments, Cores, and access Nightmare Hunts.