The Metro franchise makes a glorious return with a brand-new entry called Exodus.
E3 2017 @ VG247
Want more? Check out everything you may have missed from the Microsoft E3 2017 livestream.
Visit our show hub for all the news, trailers and games from E3 2017.
Microsoft’s Xbox One livestream had a great start with the Xbox One X, but many players are here for the games. And for the first item on its software lineup, we’re seeing a new take on a gaming classic – Metro: Exodus.
It’s the next chapter in the critically acclaimed Metro series of story-driven first-person shooters from 4A Games. But the games are more than just shooters: there’s exploration, stealth and survival horror elements.
Like previous games, players will be holding out with the last survivors living in the tunnels of the Metro of ruined Moscow. But, you can’t stay cooped up in the tunnels forever.
As Artyom, players will lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an “continent-spanning journey” across the post-apocalyptic Russia landscape. Your goal? To search for a new life in the East.
Players will have to content with the vast, non-linear Russian landscape spanning and entire year of seasons, all the way through to a nuclear winter.
Here’s a list of features provided by publisher Deep Silver:
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – the game will immerse and terrify you like no other
Metro:Exodus is slated for release in 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.