Come see what Battlegrounds' latest update changed.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds received an update earlier today that introduced some changes to sound, general bug fixes, and more. In a post on Steam, PlayerUnknown also touched on the recently reported server lag issues.
According to him, the developers have identified the root cause for this lag, but the solution is unfortunately not gong to be simple as a few changes will need to be made to the game's core engine code.
"We have no ETA on when this will be resolved just yet, so we ask for your patience while we fix the problem," the developer wrote.
As for the patch notes, you can find those below:
- Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.
- Prevented adjusting the FOV by changing the game settings file (ini).
- FOV will be adjustable from the settings menu in-game in a future update.
- Fixed an issue with door sounds playing at low volume
- Adjusted volume of wind, rain, and footsteps
- Improved the sounds for the buggy
- When in rainy weather, you will now sporadically hear thunder sounds
- Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.
- Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly