The Specialization system from previous Battlefield games didn't make a return in Battlefield 1, but this will soon change.
Specializations are perks players earn as they play the match. These unlock after reaching certain scoring thresholds or clearing challenges. The system was first introduced in Battlefield 3 and was also available in Battlefield 4 after receiving some major tweaks.
DICE has now deployed the new, Battlefield 1-tailored system, to the game's CTE on PC. This time around, Specializations come in two variants: generic, and kit specific. All classes have access to the same, seven generic perks, as well as two kit-specific ones.
There are three default ones everyone starts with: Flak, Cover, and Quick Regen. Completing the new Service Assignments will unlock more perks. Service Assignments will launch with In the Name of the Tsar expansion for everyone, but we're not sure what they are just yet.
YouTuber LevelCap's video below does a good job of rounding up the full list in its current iteration. See below if you want a description of each one.
- Flak: Incoming damager from explosions is reduced by 15%
- Cover: Incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
- Quick Regen: Decrease time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
- Quick Unspot: Decrease length of time you are Spotted by 2 seconds
- Bayonet Training: Bayonet charge lasts 1 second longer and recovers 1 second quicker
- Hasty Retreat: Increase your maximum sprint speed by 10% whilst you are Suppressed
- Camouflage: When moving slowly or stationary you are invisible to Spot Flares
- Juggernaut: Your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (does stack)
- Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially
- Stimulant Syringe: Reviving an ally give you both a 20% sprint speed for 8 seconds (Does not stack)
- Concealed Rescue: Downed Squad Mates within 20m drop smoke to cover their revival (40s cooldown)
- Unbreakable: Incoming suppression is reduced by 75% when your Bipod is deployed
- Pin Down: The Duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression
- Scapegoat: A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)
- Perimeter Alarm: When your Trip Mine is triggered enemies within 15m are marked on the mini-map