There will be plenty of things to do in Pokemon Go during the month of July.
In addition to Pokemon Go Fest 2021 which takes place July 17-18, starting today, there's a new Research Breakthrough encounter, a new community day coming up, and some mythical and legendary Pokemon coming to five-star raids.
Starting today at 1pm and running until Sunday, August 1 at 1om local, you will encounter Rufflet in Research Breakthrough encounters. As an extra bonus throughout July, you’ll also receive a free Remote Raid Pass when you achieve a Research Breakthrough.
Double XP for Research Breakthroughs will also continue throughout this month as part of the Season of Discovery.
Bidoof is still running around in the game, and today the plump mouse Pokemon that looks like a hamster will be appearing in five-star raids from 10am to 8pm local. You may even encounter a shiny one, if you are lucky.
Mythical Pokemon Deoxys will be appearing in its Defense Forme in five-star raids from today at 8pm local through July 16 at 10am local. After that, Mewtwo will take over and appear in five-star raids until 10am local on July 23. You may even encounter a shiny Mewtwo during this time.
In addition, the following Mega-Evolved Pokemon will be appearing in Mega Raids.
- Mega Houndoom will appear from today at 8pm local to July 16 at 10am local time.
- Mega Gengar will appear from July 16 at 10am local to July 23 at 10am local.
- Mega Charizard X will appear from July 23 at 10am to August 6 at 10a local time.
Every Wednesday in July, a Raid Hour event will occur from 6-7pm. local time. The following Pokemon will be featured.
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021: Defense Forme Deoxys
- Wednesday, July 14, 2021: Defense Forme Deoxys
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021: Mewtwo
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021: To be announced
This month during Spotlight Hour, which takes place every Tuesday from 6-7pm local time, the following Pokemon will be featured:
- Tuesday, July 6: Bulbasaur will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokemon.
- Tuesday, July 13: Charmander will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokemon.
- Tuesday, July 20: Squirtle will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokemon.
- Tuesday, July 27: Natu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokemon.
Saturday, July 3 marks this month's Community Day where the featured Pokemon will be Tepig.
From 11am to 5pm local time, Tepig will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one. Evolve it into Pignite during this time, or up to two hours afterward, to get an Emboar that knows the Charged Attack Blast Burn. You should also take a snapshot or two of the Pokemon for a surprise.
A special one-time-purchase Community Day Box will be available for 1,280 PokeCoins, and it will feature 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, five Star Pieces, and an Elite Charged TM.
For $1 or your regional equivalent, you’ll be able to access the Tepig Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, Roasted Berries.
Bonuses during Tepig Community Day will include 3x catch Stardust, Incense activated during the event will last for three hours, and Lure Modules will last for three hours.
There's also the Pokemon Go anniversary celebration going on from July 6 to July 15 at 10am local to 8pm local time. More details will be shared closer to July 6.
Finally, July 11 will be Go Battle Night. It kicks off at 6pm and runs until 11:59pm local time. Complete up to 100 battles, and receive three times the Stardust for winning battles, completing sets of battles, and ranking up in the Go Battle League. It's worth noting that the Stardust bonus during Go Battle Night will not combine with the 2× Stardust bonus for the Go Battle League that is currently active until July 12.