We've finally got some juicy details on the next Fire Emblem game, but the most interesting aspect is that there will be two versions of the game.
According to Siliconera, who translated an interview between Intelligent Systems and 4Gamer, there will a White Kingdom and a Black Kingdom version that offer different aspects of the various characters in the game.
The box art for both versions - shown below - carry the logo confirming amiibo support and an age rating of 'C' CERO which nintendolife explains is the equivalent of 15+.
- Hoshido has a world map.
- Nohr has more complex maps. Besides the usual "defeat all of the enemies"/"defeat the general" maps, there will also be suppression, breakthroughs, defending bases, turn restrictions, amongst others. There are lots of map gimmicks. (We've already seen dragon's vein.)
- Both versions of the game contain the same characters. You'll be shown different aspects of their personalities in accordance to the route you select.
- The downloadable version does not contain both sides. It does not lock the other route when you select one. You pay to receive everything up until chapter five, and once you make a decision, you will have to download everything from chapters six, onward, for the respectful route. The second download is free because you have already paid. If you want to try the alternative version, you have to buy DLC in the same way those with physical copies will.
- You can also save directly to your 3DS system (versus the cartridge).
- If you decide to buy the DLC, you can load your chapter 5 data and continue from that
instead of starting from the beginning. Of course, you can restart if you'd like to.
- You'll be able to experience an entire story by only playing one route. The other is a completely different story.
- The third path is in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr in terms of difficulty. People who began with Hoshido should still be able to complete the third path.
- You'll be able to lower the difficulty in the middle of the game if you find Nohr too hard.
- You'll still be able to connect with people who play the alternative version. (Probably means you can streetpass someone with Nohr despite playing Hoshido, and vice versa.)
- There will be various perks for connecting with other players.
We're still waiting on confirmation of a Western release date.