Mass Effect Andromeda throws a whole new galaxy at you, but you don’t have to face it empty-handed. We’ve got everything you need right here.
Mass Effect Andromeda has a lot to offer ambitious Pathfinders. It starts off rough, but if you’re aching for a bit of space action with a bunch of comrades who might climb into your space bunk, ignore Mass Effect Andromeda’s reviews scores and dive right on it.
To help you get over the rough spots that kick in when your quest journal starts to fill up and SAM starts shouting at you about radiation every three seconds, we’ve put together a Mass Effect Andromeda guide packed with tips, hints, and guidance on how to tackle the many possibilities of the Heleus Cluster in a sensible order. We want to help you avoid fatigue and burn out, while efficiently scooping up every quest out there and minimising backtracking. We also want to help you make enemies explode.
After over 100 hours of play across the VG247 team, we’ve got some strong feelings on some of Andromeda’s mechanics: so here are our tips, tricks and other guide assistance for would-be pathfinders. Good luck out there!
Tips, Tricks and other vital information
There’s a walkthrough further down the page, but this section’s for more focused guidance. Kickstart your adventure with some pro tips and strats, work out which romanceable character will be your main squeeze, solve glyph puzzles, sort out that confusing AVP notification business and generally deep dive on Mass Effect Andromeda’s systems and mechanics with these detailed guides.
If you’re planning to hop aboard the Ark Hyperion and head to the Andromeda Galaxy, there are some things you should know first. Here’s our tips from over 100 hours of gameplay.
Who, what, where and how to get to banging your new space girlfriend, boyfriend, or monogendered alien pal. Some spoilers ahead, but if you want to know who is available, we’ve got you covered.
Can’t be arsed jumping through hoops so you can look at someone’s arse? Never mind, shortcut your way to instant gratification by putting your eyeballs on these videos.
Mass Effect Andromeda’s conversation system may baffle series newcomers and BioWare fanatics alike. Let’s break it down.
Don’t let Alien Sudouku get you down. If those damn glyph and decryption games are getting to you, we’ve got the help you need.
A massive part of any RPG is gear and loot, and Mass Effect Andromeda is no exception. Navigating its massive number of weapons available to buy, loot or craft is difficult – but we’ve picked out some of the best so you don’t have to.
Passive bonuses unlocked by side content completion? Yes please, I’ll have them all. Wait, I can’t? Bollocks. Better make an informed decision.
How to change armour, your first outpost, respec, best training and more covered in this guide to some of the most commonly recurring questions during the early hours of the game.
Main Quest Priority Ops Walkthrough
From woe to go, everything you need to do to finish Mass Effect Andromeda – and all the things you don’t have to do, too, since everyone likes a nice round completion number. Key choices and consequences clearly detailed, bosses thoroughly sorted out, guidance on when best to pursue side content provided. What more could you want? We’re not going to come to your house and hold the control pad for you.
It’s time to wake up. Andromeda awaits.
Humanity’s new home isn’t all it’s cracked up to be… now it’s time to fight for survival.
A Better Beginning
The Citadel is 600 years away, but its spirit lives on aboard the Nexus. Time to explore it, and meet the Andromeda Initiative top brass.
Get yourself two forms of transport – a ship and a buggy – and then get out into exploring your first proper planet..
It’s time for some alien sudoku, some fighting, and a bad-ass Krogan.
We’re going deeper underground – and when we emerge, we’ll have a much more hospitable planet.
A Trail of Hope
The Heleus Cluster’s native alien race aren’t exactly happy to see you, but they do need your help. It’s time to gain their trust.
Hunting the Archon
Take the fight to the Archon, and rescue some of your people along the way.
The Journey to Meridian
Things are building to a climax – and we don’t just mean in the romance system. Hurh hurh.
Meridian – The Way Home
Now that you’ve settled the Krogan paradise of Elaaden the main quest is drawing to a rapid conclusion: the time has come to try to take Meridian.
Sidequests & Tasks
Mass Effect Andromeda is big, in case you somehow missed that memo. Among so many side quests, there’s sure to be one that has you pulling your hair in frustration. Here are a few of the ones that nearly left us all bald.
Mass Effect Andromeda has a quest called Naming the Dead, and it is a pain in the arse. We’ve suffered so you don’t have to.
Ryder faces a difficult choice in the First Murderer secondary quest. We have a helping hand.
Decide the fate of some protestors in the Sleeping Dragons secondary quest.
Mass Effect fans will know all too well that sometimes AI can be a really bad idea – but that doesn’t make this choice any easier. Here’s some help for making a choice.
There are three reasons why you might be looking for help with this quest. Are you making a decision, fighting a boss, or just wondering where the heck the NPCs are…?
Other Notable Pages
- Here’s what’s in the Deluxe and Super Deluxe Editions of Mass Effect Andromeda
- Mass Effect: Andromeda isn’t all bad faces – it’s gorgeous in 4K, so here’s 33 screenshots of it in action
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: rough as guts for the first 10 hours, but worth fighting through to the heart
- Mass Effect Andromeda reviews: all the scores and how it compares to older Mass Effect games
- Mass Effect: Andromeda – BioWare looking at patching “lots of issues”, wants to “strongly support the game”
- Mass Effect Andromeda vs Dragon Age Inquisition: how BioWare is losing its heart this generation
- Denuvo couldn’t stop Mass Effect: Andromeda from getting cracked on PC in just 13 days
- Mass Effect Andromeda DRM update locks pirates out of the face-fixing patch
- Mass Effect Andromeda could well be BioWare Montreal’s last lead project as well as its first – rumour
Mass Effect Andromeda Patches & Updates
A rolling log of vital update news.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda PC update out now, fixes black screen, Corsair Utility Engine, more
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Nvidia drivers released
- Mass Effect: Andromeda patch 1.04 is out now on PS4 and Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda patch 1.05 patch notes
- Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.05 multiplayer balancing patch notes
- Mass Effect: Andromeda patch 1.05 out now with noticeable improvements to character faces
- Mass Effect: Andromeda patch 1.06 fixes dialogue options, romance bug, SAM droning on about email
- Mass Effect Andromeda’s “cutscene only” X5 Ghost rifle is now in the game
Got any questions about Mass Effect: Andromeda we haven’t answered here? Drop us a comment and we’ll see what we can do.