Bioware will release a patch for Mass Effect: Andromeda this week, and more updates will be made to the game over the next two months - one of which will improve the hair and general appearance of characters.
Plans for the future also include the addition of more options and variety to the Mass Effect: Andromeda character creator which received some complaints. There will also be ongoing improvements to cinematic screens and animations made.
Over the next couple of months, the patches will continue to address performance and stability issues, and the team is looking to add more cosmetic items to single-player for free.
As mentioned at the top of the post, the general appearance of characters will be improved, but Bioware didn't touch upon whether additional animation fixes would be included. They are still looking into it though, it seems.
This week's patch will be the first to touch upon appearance, as the update adds improvements to asari and human character eyes. It will also improve lip-sync and facial acting.
The team will also continue to build on the APEX missions with new maps, characters, and weapons for multiplayer.
Bioware said since launch the team has been listening to "comments and feedback," and starting with this week's patch it will begin to address the most pressing issues. It, along with the upcoming improvements noted above, are "just a taste of what’s in store."
More highlights from the upcoming patch, which lands on Thursday, include: the ability to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map; the cost of remnant decryption keys has been decreased; and Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern have been addressed.
Full patch notes for this week's update are posted below.
Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.05 Notes
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (detailed notes)
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
Patch 1.05 will start rolling out for Mass Effect: Andromeda on April 6.