Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals aren’t just for the console crowd: there are plenty of sales going on for PC users such as external HDD and SSD drives, and video cards.
Honestly, there are so many deals to be had via Amazon, NewEgg, Tiger Direct, Woot and others, it would take us ages to give you a rundown for each vendor – especially since the deals on Amazon change constantly.
Instead, we’ll stick to some of the better deals we have noticed. Pleas note that this isn’t a comprehensive list, so you will want to click on each site to have a look through the sales.
Hard Drives, SSD
These external HDD drives will also plug into your Xbox One, so keep that in mind as well.
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 – $69.99 (Amazon)
- Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable External Hard Drive with 200GB of Cloud Storage USB 3.0 – $129.99 (Amazon)
- Seagate Expansion 5TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive for PC & Xbox One – £89.99 (Amazon UK)
- Sandisk X300 512GB Enterprise Class SSD ATA 6Gbps– £99.95 (Overclockers UK)
- Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD – $219.99 (NewEgg)
- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD – $79.99 (NewEgg)
Graphics Cards, Processors
- Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti – £86.99 (Ebuyer)
- Zotac GeForce GTX 950 – £121.98 (Ebuyer)
- EVGA GeFroce GTX 980 4GB – $499.99 (after $30 mail in rebate) (NewEgg)
- Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.0GHz -$299.99 (NewEgg)
- AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) – $149.99 (NewEgg)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW GAMING ACX 2.0 – $369.99 (TigerDirect)
- XFX Radeon R9 280X Double Dissipation Video Card – $229.99(TigerDirect)
- EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 Video Graphics Card – $329.99(TigerDirect)
- MSI GTX 980TI Graphic Card – GTX 980TI GAMING 6G – $679.99 (TigerDirect)
The shear amount of processors, SSD, HDD and video cards on sale is too much to take in all at once. Those listed above are just what we’ve seen so far and some of the prices include mail-in rebates – something Tiger Direct makes use of frequently.
The NewEgg Black Friday ad is full of goodies, and be sure to check the website for updated pricing – same with Amazon (both US & UK) as well as Ebuyer, Tiger Direct, and Overclockers.
Office Depot has plenty of USB sticks, some of the best deals on tablets, monitors, printers, standard PCs and laptops, Logitech keyboards and other peripherals and accessories under the sun. It’s a rather great place to show up first thing in the morning when the doors open on Black Friday at 8am. It is one of the few places you won’t get trampled.
One of the better deals we’ve seen in the ad is the Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse with High Speed Fusion Engine. It can be yours for $29.99 which is 50% off the regular price. Amazon has it listed for $48.19, so the office supply store will be the best place to get it.
The office supply store also has 50% off on select desktop speakers, $100 off select Bose products, and standard mice will run you $8 or less – which are great peripherals for youngsters who tend to break things.
Speaking of all things audio, NewEgg is also selling JBL, Klipsch and Polk Audio speaker sets and subwoofers for $30, $130 and $170, respectively.
Also, while Woot! doesn’t host a Black Friday sale, it’s a site worth keeping an eye on because of the ridiculously low prices on some rather cool items. Plus, it has some of the best product descriptions on the planet. You can spend quite a deal on that website before you even know what happened.
We will keep this post up-to-date for you as more deals go live.
AGAIN: this is NOT a comprehensive list of deals nor the retailers which are holding sales. As usual, do your homework before taking each site’s price at face value.
Future updates: expect to see Razer, Logitech, ASUS and other deals listed here soon.