Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania was announced today during the Nintendo E3 2021 Direct.
Coming to Switch on October 5, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is a remaster of the original three Super Monkey Ball games. It is also coming to Steam for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
It features over 300 re-created levels and mazes, 12 minigames and the cast of characters make their return (AiAi, MeeMee, GonGon, Baby, YanYan, and Doctor).
Super Monkey Ball involves guiding a transparent ball containing one of four monkeys through mazes. The purpose is to reach a goal without letting the timer reach zero.
Here's a list of features:
- The ultimate Super Monkey Ball Experience – More than 300 stages from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.
- Go Bananas with 12 fun minigames including Monkey Racing, Monkey Soccer, Monkey Bowling, Monkey Baseball, and much more.
- Challenge your friends as you compete for top banana on the online leaderboards.
- Assemble your all-star monkey team of up to 4 friends and work together to save Jungle Island with 4-player local co-op.
- Immerse yourself in the Super Monkey Ball world with creative comic-book-style storytelling in Story Mode.
- Want to be the coolest monkey on the block? Customize your character and Super Monkey Ball to make it your own.
The announcement is perfectly timed with the 20th anniversary of the series, the first of which was released on GameCube in 2001.
Developed by Amusement Vision and published by Sega, the game was very successful and spawned a sequel and eventually turned into a franchise with 16 sequels or spin-offs released to date.