Nintendo has announced new details regarding the introductory storyline in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which features new story elements will lay foundation for the events that occur in the rest of the series.
If you want to remain pure, don't look below the break.
The storyline in game includes the creation of the Master Sword, which has been a constant in the 25-year history of the Zelda series.
The introductory story includes the following:
- Introduction: The new game’s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda.
- Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
- Groose: Link’s nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link’s chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda’s special bond.
- Fi: Early on in Link’s new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. Fi’s guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
- Zelda’s father: Gaepora, Zelda’s father, is the headmaster of Link’s school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.
More details about the game’s storyline and features will be revealed prior to its November 20 launch.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be available as a standalone game or as part of a limited-edition bundle that also includes a gold-colored Wii Remote Plus controller.
Early production runs of the game will come with a special music CD containing orchestral arrangements of select songs which are to be featured during The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony Concert.