Cities: Skylines update 1.1 is live and there's a bunch of free new content for players.
The new update will include:
- Over 50 European style buildings
- Wall-to-wall buildings enabling players to build those European streets and neighbourhoods
- Three new starter maps
- Tunnels, one of the community’s most requested features
- A number of Asset Editor additions including the ability to import custom vehicles
- A multitude of smaller cosmetic additions and bug fixes
Talking about plans for future updates, Cities: Skyline Brand Manager said “Cities: Skylines will continue to follow the traditions set by other recent Paradox releases such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV of paid expansions combined with large updates of free content ensuring that all players, whether they choose to purchase the expansions or not, will have plenty of new features to look forward to."
"One of the major differences, however, between those titles and Cities: Skylines will be that minor DLC updates will be uncommon. The majority of content updates will be significant upgrades and additions."
"Going forward, we will focus on giving away the main features for free and improving the modding tools, while also selling major expansions around new mechanics. But we will also continue to offer free content such as new buildings and road types.”
You can find full patch notes here.