Dani gets the M16 early in the game, and it should have a permanent spot in your weapon wheel. The first scope you can mod it with outperforms
Rule 9: A guerilla uses the right tool for the right job, and to topple Anton Castillo, you’ll need the best weapons in Far Cry 6.
From more conventional weaponry to the outlandish Resolver weapons, there’s something for every situation, whether it’s taking out tanks and helicopters, slipping into an FND compound, or defending yourself against waves of enemies.
First, we’ll go over some of the most fun weapons in Far Cry 6 you might have missed, either because their menu icon doesn’t do their power justice, or they’re just hard to find.
Then we’ll go through all the locations of unique weapons in Far Cry 6 we’ve found so far, and update them as the game progresses.
But before we go into specifics, here’s something to remember. The regular weapons you buy or find in caches around Yara can be just as good as unique weapons.
All of the regular weapons you see above the Unique weapons in the Arsenal menu can be bought from camp vendors or found in chests around the world. If you upgrade them at a workbench, they can deal great damage and be as powerful as any of the unique weapons, so don’t feel like you have to neglect them just because there are more colourful options.
To give the regular weapons a more personal touch, “inspect” them in the Arsenal menu, then look for the “Appearance” menu in the bottom left of the screen. You can give them a custom paint job with spray cans you find littered around here, and they look great.
Best Far Cry 6 sniper rifle
The MBP .50 is the best sniper rifle, though like other sniper rifles, it won't come into its own without some mods. The MBP has excellent damage output and good rate of fire and velocity, making it perfect if you prefer a long-range approach to problems.
You'll want to mod it with a good scope, though. Otherwise, its usefulness at longer distance is rather limited.
How to find MBP .50 in Far Cry 6
The easiest way to get the MBP .50 is building a Guerilla Garrison at one of your camps, then upgrading it to level two. Juan will stock the MBP .50 after that for close to 4,000 Pesos.
Best Far Cry 6 Rifle
Dani gets the M16 early in the game, and it should have a permanent spot in your weapon wheel. The M16 has a scope that outperforms most early and mid-game sniper rifles, and what it lacks in rate of fire, it makes up for with a deadly punch. You can use this in almost every situation and still make it out alive.
Best Far Cry 6 assault rifle
You could opt for an SMG, but why do that when the SSPG-58 exists? This assault rifle excels in every category and performs just slightly less in accuracy than the MP7. This is a deadly weapon made even more powerful with the Gut-Wrencher mod, which increases damage from body shots.
Where to find SSPG-58 in Far Cry 6
Upgrade your Guerilla Garrison to level 3, and you can purchase this off Juan. It sometimes pops up in FND base crates, but this is random.
Best Far Cry 6 Weapon for taking out tanks, helicopters, and other vehicles
Something you might struggle with in Far Cry 6 is dealing with armoured vehicles like tanks and attack helicopters. Not only do they have a lot of health, but they pump out such a huge amount of explosive damage that they can kill you pretty much instantly.
This means you need a launcher in your arsenal, and the easiest launcher to lay your hands on - not to mention one of the silliest - is the Pyrotechno.
The fireworks-based Resolver weapon is available as soon as you get the ability to craft them, and is worth the uranium investment.
It’s great when you need to destroy vehicles, and also a blast during story missions where you get infinite ammo to explode everything in sight.
Best Far Cry 6 Weapon for taking on groups of enemies
Another Resolver weapon that’s great fun but easy to miss is the El Muro.
While it just looks like a small pistol on its picture, it’s actually a one-handed, snub-nosed shotgun which comes with a damage-absorbing metal shield.
Boasting power and defensive capability, El Muro is a great choice when you’re starting to feel overwhelmed by enemies and need something to take the pressure off.
You can also use it in an offensive capacity and rush into the heat of battle without compromising your cover.
How to get a great Unique weapon easily
From your Arsenal menu, look in the top-right of the screen. Press on the “Store” icon, then navigate to the last tab: “Ubisoft Connect”.
With a Ubisoft account, you earn points for playing different games, and if you’re a fan of Assassin’s Creed or older Far Cry games, it’s easy to have racked up a few coins without realising.
In the Ubisoft Connect area of the store, you can buy High-Caliber Beats, an incendiary LMG with a scope and silencer that sets your enemies on fire.
Its damage is pretty poor, but as an early-game option, it’s a lot of fun and a great way to play with incendiary rounds early.
Where to get one of the best all-around Far Cry 6 Weapons
Relatively early on in your Far Cry 6 adventure, you’re encouraged by Clara to win the trust of the Montero family in the west of Yara.
Off the northwest coast of the island is an oil rig that you visit for a quest with Philly later in that story arc, but it’s accessible as a military outpost to take over if you’re up to the task.
On the rig, in the southeast corner, there’s a weapon icon hidden inside a shipping container. To get inside, look over to the west for a blue picture of a grenade.
Inside that office, there’s a button to move the containers so you can grab the loot.
This gets you the Supercharger, a buck-shot-firing, silenced shotgun which is both extremely powerful and stealthy.
With this you can sneak around enemy camps and if you’re spotted, drop their whole health bar in one shot without alerting anyone else. A fantastic pick-up at any point in the game.
Where do you find Unique Weapons in Far Cry 6
Unique Weapons are heavily customised guns with special paint jobs you can find throughout Yara.
However, Unique weapons can’t be customised at a workbench, so they can be quite limited in certain situations.
Despite that, they’re a lot of fun to collect, and you will likely want to go out of your way to snag them.
You know when you’re onto a winner when you see a box with a pistol on it in your minimap. But you can get them as quest rewards too.
Here’s a running list of all of the ones we’ve found so far:
- PISTOL - The Autocrat - Fort Quito Basement - Break the boards on the right to get through the locked gate
- SHOTGUN - Humidora - Corto Cay Cache - Top of the tower on the southeast coast of the first island
- AUTO PISTOL - EL General - In the FND Munitions Storage in Vencejo on the first island
- AUTO RIFLE - Viva Libertad - In the building at the foot of the Lighthouse during Libertad Rises story mission
- PISTOL - Blood Drunk - Inside Jose Castillo’s house during mission in Costa Del Mar
- RIFLE - Surf & Turf - Complete the Crocodile Treasure Hunt near the Oil Rig on the northeast coast of Yara
- SMG - SMG-issmo - Found in La Raja bar during the Bury the Hatchet story quest
- SHOTGUN - Supercharger - Found on the FND Oil Rig off the northeast coast of Yara. Press the button in the nearby office to move the container
- PISTOL - Lethal Dose - Complete the Man and the Mongoose Treasure Hunt in Costa Del Mar
- SNIPER RIFLE - Sobek Special - Complete the Cache Money Treasure Hunt west of Esperanza
- LMG - Crackle & Pop - Found on a rooftop in Esperanza during the Paradise Lost story quest
- BOW - El Capirote - Buy the Hunting Lodge Camp Upgrade
- AUTO PISTOL - Rococo Loco - Complete first Los Banditos mission after building upgrade
- AUTO RIFLE - Camo Quinceanera - Complete the A Rising Tide Treasure Hunt in El Este
- AUTO RIFLE - F### Anton - Use the Mysterious Key on Guau-Guau island in Isla Santuario
- AUTO RIFLE - Death Rites - Town of Maldito on the southeast corner of the island
- RIFLE - Noblesse Oblige - Museum of the False Revolution in southwest corner of Cocucho in El Este
- Pistol - El Florecer - On top of Admiral Benitez’s fortress during the story mission: “Harpoon”
- RIFLE - Sharkbite - Liberate the Rat SAT base in El Este
- AUTO RIFLE - Zone 51 - La Divinita Cathedral on the east side of Esperanza, climb the bell tower in the southwest corner once you’ve taken the FND base
- SNIPER RIFLE - Double Clutch - Complete any El Primo Race
- AUTO RIFLE - Urushi - Next to the race in the southeast shipping yards of Esperanza
- SMG - DIY Death - Auto Shop in the north of Conception in El Este
- SNIPER RIFLE - The Transubstatiator - Down a ladder around back of the True Yaran Reeducation Facility in Valle de Oro
- LAUNCHER - La Guaracha - On stage at a bar in the east of Segunda in Valle de Oro
- SMG - Iron Curtain - In the water on the eastern side of hotel on Cape Santa Maria in Valle de Oro -
- AUTO PISTOL - Snapshot - Top of Golfo Vasto Lighthouse in the west of the national park in Valle de Oro
- AUTO RIFLE - Vaya Con Dios - In the control centre of the airport on the east coast of La Toya in El Este
- AUTO RIFLE - HiFi - At Bincho’s ranch during Radio Libertad Mission
- SHOTGUN - Com.Pew.Ter - On top of jamming tower during Radio Libertad story mission
- SMG - Streamlined Moderne - FND Bunker in the centre of Lozania
- SMG - Turn of the Century - Next to Codename:Hornbill Ambush in east of Lozania
- SMG - The Heroic End - Around the back of the People’s Clinic in the north of Dorada Cove, to the west of Pequena Bay
- PISTOL - Pistola Sportiva - El Marathon Field to the southwest of Torre de Leon
- LMG - Impact Driver - Chancleas Resort on the east coast of Barrial
- LAUNCHER - Le Petite Mort - Sword Crossed Lovers Treasure Hunt under the A in Barrial
- SHOTGUN - Excavation Execution - The Long Drop Treasure Hunt in La Toya, just south of the La Moral Safehouse
- BOW - Bullseye - Lapida Mogote in the West of El Este, southwest of Patriot’s Peak and north of Verde River
- LAUNCHER - El Caballero - FND Steel Plant in the north of the island, Cobre Shores, inside the storage locker around the back you can open with the key you get after you’ve captured the plant
- SNIPER RIFLE - El Tirano - On top of the lighthouse of Escila Fort on the northern coast of Barrial
- LAUNCHER - Into Orbit - Liquid Courage Treasure Hunt in the west of Del Toro Port in the Star Rocket Brewery
Add the final piece to your guerilla toolkit with our list of the Far Cry 6 Amigos.