DayZ creator Dean Hall has launched his new VR game, Out of Ammo, on Steam Early Access.
DayZ creator's VR title Out of Ammo hits Steam Early Access
Developed by the studio Hall formed in 2014, RocketWerkz, Out of Ammo is a virtual reality strategy game exclusively for HTC Vive. Hall announced he was developing a SteamVR game last year at E3, if you recall.
In Out of Ammo, players are put in the "commander's seat" against wave after wave of soldiers, and will use motion tracking to move around the battlefield.
Full physics applied to game objects will allow players to position magazines in the virtual space around them. This will be rather handing when it comes time to reload.
Building defenses such as watchtowers, issuing orders and the ability to posses units to directly engage the enemy are part of the gameplay, according to the product page.
The game contains four different environments and five unit types:
- Rifleman - Thirty round fully-automatic rifle with manual magazine reload
- Sniper - Semi-automatic bolt action long distance rifle with scope
- Rocketeer - Single-shot re-loadable rocket-propelled grenade launcher
- Medic - Heals troops but can shoot with a pistol when controlled
- Engineer - Constructs and repairs fortifications, can shoot with a pistol when controlled
- Woodland - A small base perched in a clearing at the bottom of a valley
- Urban - A very tight open space in the city serves as a base for local operations.
- Desert - The open desert provides excellent vision of incoming enemies. But they can see you too.
- Alpine - Set high in the mountains at twilight in difficult conditions with limited visibility
The list of minimum and recommended system requirements are listed on the page, along with a few more details. And it's obvious you'll need an HTC Vive in order to play it.
Out of Ammo will run you $14.99 through Steam Early Access.