After a short delay, Epic Games has released the v6.21 patch notes this morning for Fortnite Season 6.
The new addition to Fortnite today is balloons, which you can use to sneakily float up behind enemies and take them out or to reach some dizzying new heights to get some sweet loot. The trailer for balloons also features some incredibly creepy clown skins
The Fortnitemares battle royale challenges continue until November 4 at 1 PM Eastern Time, which is 6 pm here in the UK. You’ll need to finish your Fortnitemares Challenges by then to unlock the Dark Engine Glider and be in-match at that time to witness the event.
There’s also a new hero in Save the World, Dim Mak Igor the Plague Doctor Ninja who is now available. His ability description is: “Throw Smoke Bombs at enemy Husks while you resist damage with Shadow Stance. Trust him, he’s a doctor”.
The Glider re-deploy function is still active, with a few changes being made in regard to its functionality, and will. Epic Games has stated it will “be prioritizing Glider audio over weapon audio within certain ranges, this will begin in v6.21. We also plan on adding additional changes in future updates” so expect the function to be around for a little longer.
Fortnite Battle Royale patch notes
- Updated Port-A-Challenge grenade names.
- Improved clarity of where to throw Port-A-Challenge grenades.
Weapons and items
- Balloons added
Epic rarity. Comes with 20 deployable balloons.
Allows the player to defy gravity by holding up to 6 balloons at a time.
Primary fire button to inflate a balloon, secondary fire button to let go of a balloon.
Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas, and Vending Machines.
NOTE: Don’t float too high for too long, balloons only last so long at max build height.
When grappling as a vehicle passenger, the velocity of your vehicle is factored into the grapple force.
Only occurs in instances where vehicle velocity will be a net gain to grapple force.
Grappling as a vehicle passenger will now cause the vehicle to travel in a straight line to its destination rather than travelling in an arc.
These items will remain available in Playground Mode.
- 25% of explosive damage will now penetrate through structures and the environment.
- Glider Re-deploy
We’ve finished our first week of Glider Re-deploy being available in all modes. During this time we’ve been collecting internal data and monitoring constructive feedback from all of you. We understand that not all players agree with this change, but we would like to continue with this functionality in the game based on the positive results we’ve been seeing.
As this feature remains available, we’ll begin making quality of life changes to its functionality. First of which will be prioritizing Glider audio over weapon audio within certain ranges, this will begin in v6.21. We also plan on adding additional changes in future updates.
Thanks for the discussion and feedback you’ve provided. Please continue letting us know how we can improve this feature, your thoughts on its effect in matches, and any other feedback you may have as we continue to work on Glider Re-deploy.
A few weapons have also been vaulted, including the Semi-Auto Sniper, Guided Missilea and Dual Pistols.
- Additional Gameplay Changes
Grass updates more frequently resulting in smoother animation.
Added support for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and newer versions of PS4 and Xbox One controllers on Mac
- Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where picking up a trap could cause a hitch.
Certain bindings will no longer override the ability to use the fullscreen map and spectating actions.
Fixed the delay between using multiple Small Shields.
Fixed an issue where inventory could get stuck when using the Grappler while picking up an item.
Map zooming with trigger buttons works on Switch again.
- Intensified Fiend Hunter Crossbow fire sounds.
- Reduced volume of Cube Monsters and dynamic spawners.
- It’s now easier to hear gliders while shooting or harvesting.
- Fixed sniper projectiles playing the wrong impact sounds when hitting Cube Monsters.
- Fixed Boogie Bomb music not playing for Cube Monsters.
- Optimization to reduce hitching on Android phones using Vulkan.
- Snap-to-value slider added to the HUD Layout tool.
- Widgets that should not have had editable visibility shown will now be properly hidden.
Fortnite Save the World patch notes
Missions and systems
- All rarities of Perk-UP and RE-Perk materials are now distributed starting in mid-Plankerton and beyond.
- This applies to mission rewards and Miniboss Mission Alerts.
- Perk Caches
- New Cache type that can drop both RE-Perk and Perk-UP.
- Will start appearing in mid-Plankerton.
- These can drop from Mini-bosses and treasure chests.
- The Volcanic and Vortex modifiers can now appear on mini-bosses.
- The Vortex modifier allows the enemy to use a bolt of energy to pull heroes towards it.
- The Volcanic modifier causes the ground to rupture under a player, exploding for huge damage.
- Adjusted the Mutant Storm mission table to assure only one of the three modifiers could possibly appear in a mission.
- Acid Pools, Smoke Screens, and Slowing Pools.
- The Frenzied Deathburst modifier now applies an increase to enemy attack damage as well as a speed increase.
- Dim Mak Igor – Plague Doctor Ninja. Available on October 31 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Bug Fixes – Goin’ Commando’s perk Boomstick now properly deals energy damage.
- Fixed an issue where upgraded Adrenaline Rush would not revive allies.
- When placing traps or using BASE with perks or attributes that increase max health to building pieces, the building pieces no longer get stuck with “Repair 1” instead of letting you Upgrade.
- Fixed a possible crash leaving the zone on Xbox
- Correct mission info now displays for party members in zone lobby.
- Defenses built around storm trap are destroyed when storm trap is placed afterward.
- Taker now properly pushes players out of the way with swoop attack.
- The outline for pumpkin headed Husks now appears properly.
- The zone selected by the party leader is now properly replicated to the other players in the lobby.
- The Halloween-themed background is now properly appearing on the Fortnitemares quest map on the Play Tab.
- Added sound updates for vote system with Mission Control.
- Fixed issue with Disintegrator explosion sounds not playing consistently.
- Fixed issue with combat music persisting when completing Fight the Storm missions.
- Fixed issue with Husk Bee Hive damage sounds not playing consistently.
The first set of challenges are:
- Destroy Cube Monsters
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to Cube Monsters
- Visit a Corrupted Area in different matches
- Dance at different Gargoyles
Fortnite Season 6 Weekly challenges
If you’re currently working your way through the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass, here are all the challenges so far:
- Week 5 Challenges
- Jump through flaming hoops with a Shopping Cart or ATK
- Record a speed of 27 or more in front of different Radar Signs
- Week 4 Challenges
- Ring the doorbell of a house with an opponent inside in different matches
- Eliminate opponents near any of the Corrupted Areas