Riccitiello: Battlefield 3 out in “second half” 2011

Sunday, 2nd January 2011 22:38 GMT By Johnny Cullen

battlefield 2

EA CEO John Riccitiello has confirmed Battlefield 3 will launch in the final six months of 2011.

Not much is known about the much-wanted DICE shooter, although an online beta, included with copies of Medal of Honor, will kick off at some point this year.

A talk on the game is set to take place at GDC in March.

“We’ve got a couple of third-party games in the form of Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm, and then our big focus is Battlefield 3 in the second half of the year,” Riccitiello told IG when asked how EA is going to take on Activision and Call of Duty in 2011.

“I’d be shocked if we didn’t take a notch out of [Activision],” he continued.

Riccitiello added that BF3 would be “designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot” in competing with CoD.

Despite talk on the title ramping up, there’s been no formal announcement of Battlefield 3 yet.

EA told VG247 last year that it would not disturb DICE and the game’s development “with marketing and PR”.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. AHA-Lambda

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2011 year of the forever confirmed!!

2. Erthazus

!

I think 2011 is looking almost like 1998. Epic. So much great games in 2011.

3. xino

yea 1997 and 1998 was the best year in gaming!
    2004 and 2005 has the best GOTY games.

2011…mmmmm

but Battlefield 3? wow..no trailer nothing and they expect this game to be released by 2011.

also can I ask.
    I bought the limited edition of MoH the day it came out, I used the code and sold the game.
    If BF3 beta was to come out, can I get into it by using another version and my limited edition code?

4. freedoms_stain

There’s a lot of expectation riding on this games shoulders, hope DICE have got the nads for it.

I want to see everything bigger and nastier than anything they’ve done before. Battles of epic proportions.

No pressure like.

5. OrbitMonkey

Big, sprawling, epic battles… Meh. Great if your in a clan I guess.