World of Warcraft's new Shadows of Argus trailer assures us that everything has led to this
World of Warcraft's 7.3 Shadow of Argus patch asks players of the game's Legion expansion to take the fight to Argus, home world of the forces of Legion.
The patch, out now, has had a lot of build up (we had a story trailer just last week)
This trailer establishes the grandiosity of the battle, which should please long-time WoW fans who are invested in the game's conflicts.
According to the press release, the Shadow of Argus patch - will is launching one day short of a full year after Legion - will let players:
- Journey to a hostile new world, where the Legion’s corruption of Argus and the shattered remains of the draenei’s ancestral home can be explored for the first time.
- Join forces with the Army of the Light, a band of lost warriors dedicated to combating the Legion, and two champions from Azeroth’s past: Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon, long thought to be lost since the Legion’s last crusade on Azeroth.
- Explore three distinct regions of Argus spanning the fel-scarred surface of Argus (Krokuun), the ancient ruins of an eredar city (Mac’Aree) that floats in the sky, and the planet’s core (Antoran Wastes).
- Conquer the Seat of the Triumvirate (new dungeon), the ancient centre of draenei culture, where Velen, Kil’jaeden, and Archimonde once ruled.
- Customise their Artifact’s Relics through the Netherlight Crucible.
- Seal the Legion’s Invasion Points on other worlds.
- Command a drainei vessel and travelling base of operations, the Vindicaar.
The complete, extensive patch notes, are available on World of Warcraft's website.
This could all be lead up to the next expansion, whatever that ends up looking like. Although Blizzard has stopped reporting on the size of its subscriber base, World of Warcraft clearly still has some life left in it.