Wednesday Shorts: Dog fighting, DDO, Madden, God Hand, Angry Birds, Romero, sales
While a lot of folks feel they've been kicked in the neck over this PSN business and have seen loads of reports on the situation, other stuff happened in the world of games as well. Below, you will find that other stuff.
- A Mafia Wars-style game which allowed players to train fighting dogs and enter them into illegal fights has been pulled from the Android Marketplace. Good.
- Speaking of dog fighting, Peyton Hillis has beat out Michael Vick to be the next cover boy for Madden NFL 12.
- John Romero has revealed his second Facebook game called Cloudforest Expedition is due out in the summer.
- Update 9 for DDO Unlimited has gone live.
- The largest social media service in Japan, GREE, has purchased iOS and Android platform OpenFeint $104 million.
- Videos of Bayonetta with commentary from the game's creator Hideki Kamiya are to be released on a weekly basis.
- The WH40K: Dawn of War 2 soundtrack is to be made available on May 24.
- More screenshots from Tokyo Jungle have been released.
- There's some decent PC games sales on today, especially from GoG which has JoWood titles for cheap.
- Some screenshots for Plants vs Zombies DS can be found here.
- Minecraft's Notch has opened the door to custom mods.
- Capcom’s Motohide Eshiro would like Clover Studios to turn God Hand into a series. So would we.
- Angry Birds has now sold 140 million units and is ready to take over China.
- 3000AD’s upcoming MMOFPS Line of Defense is around 2km x 3km in size - well, if you count the environments, it is 64km x 64km.