Sega has announced a release date for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will launch on June 9, and will be available on Xbox, Windows 10, Steam, and the Epic Games Store.
Because of its release, scheduled maintenance that would have occurred alongside the New Genesis launch will be moved forward by about one or two days.
Due to the change in the maintenance schedule, there will be changes to the dates and the content of the “The Road to New Genesis Event” countdown login bonus event. More information will be announced at a later date. There are no changes to the amount of SG distributed. Sega will hold campaigns to celebrate the launch.
Set a thousand years after the events of PSO2 and the battle of Oracle. ARKS will prepare to defend a new world against a mysterious threat.
Here's what to expect:
- Free to play.
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments: Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it -- no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models: Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine: Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you've never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities: Combine two types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2: Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2
The publisher's popular free-to-play title from Japan, Phantasy Star Online 2, was released in North America last year.
The North American version of the MMO includes fully localized text and character voices in English, spanning three years of content. This version also included the most up-to-date balancing and quality-of-life improvements.
In the game, you can choose from four races and nine classes and join up to 11 others to fight battles and bosses. You can also enjoy Casino mini-games, Alliance Quarters, competing in the new ARKS League, or attending the all-new live stage events.
You are also able to play with others on both PC and Xbox One thanks to cross-platform play.