Finally, you're able to set a default weapon selection rather than shuffle through all your guns every time you start GTA: Online.
GTA Online has a lot of minor bugs that make daily play a bit of a chore. One of the biggest is the fact that there doesn't seem to be a way to set default weapons in the weapons wheel.
Every time you start a new online session, you have to scroll through all your weapons in every category before going out to pop heads. The game never remembers your choice.
But no more. Rockstar has finally shared a method to set default weapons. It's not ideal but once you've done it you're all set, so we reckon it's worth the effort.
Here's what you do:
- Enter Story Mode.
- Bring up the weapons wheel and select each weapon you want as default in all eight categories.
- Press up on the d-pad to bring up the phone, go to Quick Save and create a new save.
- Go back to GTA Online and you'll see whatever weapons you saved as default will now be default here.
- If you haven't yet unlocked or purchased a weapon in Story Mode it won't be available to set as default in GTA Online.
- Weapons that are not available in Story Mode, such as the Combat PDW, cannot be set to default in GTA Online.