Norman Reedus will work with Hideo Kojima again in the future

By Stephany Nunneley, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 13:16 GMT

Looks like Norman Reedus and Hideo Kojima are planning on working together again.

Speaking in a WIRED Autocomplete Interview, Norman Reedus discussed how he came about starring in Death Stranding, and whether he will work with Hideo Kojima again in the future.

“Guillermo del Toro originally called me and said ‘A guy named Hideo Kojima is going to call you and just say yes.’ I’m like, who is he? He said ‘It doesn’t matter who he is, just say yes.’

“And then I met Hideo at Comic-Con in San Diego. He came out back when we were doing another game [Silent Hills], and he showed me what he was working on and I was blown away. I mean the guy is a super genius. So then I became friends with him, started working with him, and we kept going.

“So, we did Death Stranding which was a huge hit and we’re in talks to do other stuff.”

You can hear Reedus discuss this around the 4:22 mark.

Reedus was originally set to work with Kojima on the Silent Hills game before it was canceled by Konami and Kojima left the company.

The actor said previously he while he disappointed at first that Konami canceled the title, but when Kojima described Death Stranding to him, he “completely forgot” about the game.

Silent Hills was announced at E3 2014 as a collaboration between Kojima and film director Guillermo del Toro. The game spawned the P.T. demo, which remains popular almost six years later.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments