New Star Wars: Battlefront III alpha footage hits YouTube

Wednesday, 4th April 2012 10:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Someone’s posted up a fresh video of gameplay from Free Radical’s Star Wars: Battlefront III. It’s shot off-screen from a 2008 build. Free Radical went bust over Christmas 2008 and was eventually picked up by Crytek.

Watch it below.

1. Gamoc

Good god I hope this game releases at some point. That first video was amazing if I recall correctly.

2. The_Red

For an early build of the game, it doesn’t look too bad. Heck, I was actually kinda interested in this. Once again, why was this cancelled!? Why cancel things that can actually make serious money. Avengers game, Justice League game or this?

3. SolidGamerSnake

Free Radical went bankcrupt …

maybe it was also to costly for LA to hand it to another dev.

4. Gamoc

They didn’t exactly have much choice when they went bankrupt. I like to think that Crytek have them working on it in secret.

5. Christopher Jack

Star Wars+Battlefield+Cry Engine= Perfect game, so long as they can do well with the AI & have a lot of variety while actually making an effort with the melee controls. Never liked the dashes & auto block is kinda bs. Everytime I had a jedi problem in BF2 I just chose whoever had the mines & lured him into them, ’twas the only easy way, instant death.

6. LOLshock94

awwwww what there version could of been a million times better then shitty spark studios

7. manamana

*sigh* Everytime free radical’s SWBF3 footage shows up, I wonder what is wrong with the gane industry. There you had the perfect Star Wars hit in reach but the only thing that developers can come up with, is Unleashed 1&2 and Star Wars Dance for Kinect.

I still enjoy SWBF 1&2 on 360 plus Elite on PSP. It was a big letdown when XBL decided to shut down the servers. Not for Halo2 but for Battlefront. Such a huge IP and nothing comes out of it. Will they ever learn what gamers want?!

8. OlderGamer

StarWars Battlefront III, could it be the killer launch app for Orbis or XboxNext?

9. GrimRita

I think after the mass cull @ LucasArts, the new tit in charge just hasnt a clue how to make great games. Without doubt, the Battlefront series is a winner, alot of fun and a great money spinner.

Who knows, maybe #5 is right?! LOL