Phasmophobia's latest update has moved out of the beta phase and is now live.
Today's Phasmophobia update has added two new ghost types, two more daily challenges, the Willow Street House map, and some changes and bug fixes.
Speaking of the new ghosts, it's worth noting that they will have 3x higher spawn rate until the next update, so just know that going in.
Alongside the aforementioned, the update also added a way to reset corrupt save files, a sell button in the item store, a profanity filter, and a confirmation timer when changing the resolution.
Changes were made to smudge sticks, the Demons chance to hunt has been increased, and the Thermometer text size has been increased.
Fixes include improved performance and load times on most house maps, Smudge Sticks can now be lit with a candle, and sound sensors should no longer show the wrong corridor names.
There are plenty of other things new, changed, or fixed outlined in the patch notes which you can read below.
Phasmophobia patch notes
- Added a new ghost type Yokai.
- Added a new ghost type Hantu.
- Added a new daily challenge "Capture a 3 star ghost photo".
- Added a new daily challenge "Capture a Dirty Water photo".
- Added a way to reset corrupt save files. This is a very rare occurrence, if you get this please join our discord and ask for help.
- Added a profanity filter for user and server names. Please report if your name is not offensive and is being caught by this.
- Added a sell button in the item store that will give you back 50% of the price.
- Added text to show the name of the level below the map in the truck.
- Added a confirmation timer if you change your resolution.
- Added a new small house map called Willow Street House. This map has no closets or lockers to hide inside and has been designed around hiding behind furniture.
- The smudge sticks smoking time has been reduced from 15 to 6 seconds to match the ghost delay during a hunt.
- The ghost will now walk to the front of the closet/ locker if it sees or hears you inside rather than walking past.
- If you fall out of the map or go out of bounds you will now be teleported to the last place you were instead of back to the truck.
- The high school top and bottom floor corridors have now been split into 3 sections each. This will make evidence be more accurate to where the ghost is.
- The Truck has been moved closer to the entrance on Prison.
- Kicked players will now be automatically kicked when they re-join.
- The ghost now has a small chance to wander far from it's room.
- Slightly increased the Demons chance to hunt.
- Increased the size of the Thermometer text to make it easier to read in VR.
- Changed how the alternative ports value is saved. This means you will have to enable this again if you had this enabled.
- Increased the ghosts chance to open or close a door when it's not hunting.
- Increased the ghosts chance to interact with objects.
- Flipped the High School and Asylum truck maps to make them less confusing to navigate.
- Improved the performance and load times on most house maps.
- Fixed a bug where player voices would sometimes go high pitch.
- High School: Fixed a bug where sound sensors showed the wrong corridor names.
- Fixed a bug where equipment didn't teleport back to the truck if they fell out of bounds.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was changing the temperature in the wrong room.
- Fixed a bug where new players would have their volume set to the old players volume.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost couldn't kill you in some closets.
- Fixed several safe spots.
- Fixed a bug where players would still show in the audio options after they have left.
- Fixed a bug where the resolution would sometimes be set very low when launching for the first time.
- Fixed a bug where Sensors could be placed on walls behind other objects.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was never wandering out of it's room.
- Fixed a bug where the EMF Reader would still show a value if you picked it up from the floor into your inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Smudge Sticks could not be lit with a candle.
- Fixed a bug where the Thermometer would sometimes show values for the wrong room.