If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

New Blizzard MMO off-limits for "competitive reasons," says Morhaime

Speaking in Activision Blizzard's Q1 earnings call last week, Blizzard head Mike Morhaime said that the company's refusing to talk about its unannounced MMO for fear of bolstering the competition.

"Blizzard has begun staffing on another unannounced massively multiplayer online project but for competitive reasons, we are not able to share any additional information on that project at this time," said the exec.

The game is strongly rumoured to be a StarCraft MMO, a project likely to give Blizzard a leading position in both the fantasy and science fiction MMO spaces.

About the Author
Patrick Garratt avatar

Patrick Garratt

Contributor

Black Friday Sale: save 25% off a yearly subscription!

Your support helps keep VG247 a kick-ass, no BS destination for discussion of the biggest topics in video games. Join today to unlock:

  • Ad-free browsing
  • Monthly Letter from Editor Tom Orry
  • Commenting Flair
  • Merch Discounts
See more information
Comments
VG247 logo

Buy our t-shirts, yeah

They're far more stylish than your average video game website tat.

Explore our store
VG247 Merch